UTSA Coach - Traylor

Blldawg87

May 24, 2013
I live in the San Antonio area. He could be a decent fit for us I think but I know nothing other that he has helped build a consistently solid program. They are on about year 3 of some really solid seasons.

What are your thoughts?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. I would be excited by that hire plus it's somewhat realistic. We could afford him if he is up for leaving Texas

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I live in the San Antonio area. He could be a decent fit for us I think but I know nothing other that he has helped build a consistently solid program. They are on about year 3 of some really solid seasons.

What are your thoughts?
Yes, but he doesn’t have SEC ties so he won’t be a contender. I have been following USTA the last few years and he has built a good program.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Dan was the last guy we hired with SEC ties ?? Not sure I follow that line of thought. Neither Leach nor Jomo had SEC ties. Hell, Leach wouldn't even wear one if he had one. But I will buy one for Traylor if need be. Think they got them at Maroon and Co ?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
He’ll get a look, but I’m not very optimistic about our chances.

Herman, Lebby, Liberty’s coach, Traylor, Malzahn, maybe one of the Fun Belt guys.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I just don't think Chadwell and Malzahn are realistic possibilities. You have to take buy outs into consideration. I can't see paying 10 or 12 million on a buyout to hire a coach that you gotta pay 5 or 6 a year. But I don't really know what the exact deal is on buying another teams coach out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login