UVa kicker is 34 with 2 children

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Sir, thank you for your service, unfortunately it’s time to hang up the cleats and go get a job. If you have figured out how to play college ball, have a full time job, and be a good Dad/Husband all at the same time, then you have my apologies and admiration.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Sir, thank you for your service, unfortunately it’s time to hang up the cleats and go get a job. If you have figured out how to play college ball, have a full time job, and be a good Dad/Husband all at the same time, then you have my apologies and admiration.
I think I read he's getting his MBA for free by kicking there

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Question for the service members. Do you make enough money while enlisted that you'd be able to raise two kids, take classes, and play football? I can't imagine you'd have enough time to have a full-time job and play college football/get a Master's. As a 35 year old who is married with one child, I'm envisioning myself telling my wife that in addition to going back to school, I'm also spending my free time playing football while she handles the kid. I don't see that going over well.

Also, Darden isn't exactly the same as getting a master's in Sports and Rec, it's a pretty challenging business school (I say this as a Sports Management master's recipient with a few Darden grad friends).

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Question for the service members. Do you make enough money while enlisted that you'd be able to raise two kids, take classes, and play football? I can't imagine you'd have enough time to have a full-time job and play college football/get a Master's. As a 35 year old who is married with one child, I'm envisioning myself telling my wife that in addition to going back to school, I'm also spending my free time playing football while she handles the kid. I don't see that going over well.

Also, Darden isn't exactly the same as getting a master's in Sports and Rec, it's a pretty challenging business school (I say this as a Sports Management master's recipient with a few Darden grad friends).
You missing all the cash that dependa's bring in with their Senstey (or whatever the latest MLM scheme is) business.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Pilots are NOT jarheads.
Ask any Marine his/her MOS/Job and the response is, "I'm a Marine." Those cats have a different mentality than AF and Urmy. I deployed with them in 2016/2017, it's a whole different ballgame.

Some folks joined the military, I joined the AF :LOL:.

drumrcraig

Aug 22, 2012

My guess is he is going to school on the GI bill. If you are full time, they will give you a stipend on top of paying for the school. That could be enough to pay the bills. Now as far as being available for the family, I can't answer that one.

BELdog

Aug 23, 2012
He’s a career Cobra pilot which means he probably reached at least the rank of Captain. That means he’s making north of $90K per year, so he’s doing better than 90% of the country financially. He can afford to play football.

Reactions: Anon1669338224
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login