Vandy knocked off UK tonight

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I think we’re going to be small underdogs on Saturday. Vandy has really turned a corner.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Since Alabama beat them by 57 points, they’ve won seven of eight, with wins over Tennessee, Auburn and Kentucky. If they hadn’t have lost to LSU last week, they’d be right there on the bubble with us. It’s going to be a tough game

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Everybody on their team can hit the 3.......and I mean everybody. Their center Robbins is the best center in the SEC IMO. Tulu is gonna have to chase him all night long. He goes inside, outside, and everywhere in between to hit shots. NBA is gonna love Robbins. We'll have to hit at least eight 3s or more to have a chance. Two pointers in this game just won't keep up with the Dores'. If anybody can run the table in the SEC tourney, it's Vandy. They are blistering hot.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They are better than us at the moment. We are gonna have to win a couple in SEC tourney.

We've won 8 of 10 with wins over Arkansas, TCU, and Texas A&M. The losses were by a total of 5 points and UK played much better against us than they did Vandy.

They may win, but they're not better than us.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I’ll take Jans and the d, any ole time.
I Bet Melinda May GIF by ABC Network

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
. We'll have to hit at least eight 3s or more to have a chance.
History shows it has taken us 3, sometimes 4 games to make eight 3's....You really didn't make me feel better, not that you were trying to....

Bowdawg

Jan 8, 2023
Everybody on their team can hit the 3.......and I mean everybody. Their center Robbins is the best center in the SEC IMO. Tulu is gonna have to chase him all night long. He goes inside, outside, and everywhere in between to hit shots. NBA is gonna love Robbins. We'll have to hit at least eight 3s or more to have a chance. Two pointers in this game just won't keep up with the Dores'. If anybody can run the table in the SEC tourney, it's Vandy. They are blistering hot.
Robbins got hurt 4 min into the game last night. Stackhouse said it’s season ending after the game so this scenario should be out, but they still won the game without him which was shocking.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As usual, we’ll know what are overall chances are early in the game. If its in the score doesn’t get into the 20’s until 5 or 6 min to go in the first half, they’ll be playing our game and we’ll be sitting pretty.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Robbins got hurt 4 min into the game last night. Stackhouse said it’s season ending after the game so this scenario should be out, but they still win the game without him which was shocking.
So no Robbins?........if true, great for us. I do hope he heals from whatever it was and he doesn't need to show the NBA anything. Likely he could play, but for his future NBA career, he's playing if safe.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
As usual, we’ll know what are overall chances are early in the game. If its in the score doesn’t get into the 20’s until 5 or 6 min to go in the first half, they’ll be playing our game and we’ll be sitting pretty.
Totally agree, we need to slow them down and play at our pace. Without Robbins, it will improve our chances, but we can't really think like that. I'd slash our guards inside and dump off to Tolu, Cam, & DJ all night long. Our interior passing is really good.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Robbins got hurt 4 min into the game last night. Stackhouse said it’s season ending after the game so this scenario should be out, but they still win the game without him which was shocking.
Kentucky has shown to go ice cold sometimes, they were not cold against us however.

they were 3 for 19 from 3 and turned the ball over 11 times, and gave up THIRTY TWO points in the paint. They did not really show up for the game against Vandy.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I saw him play 4 or 5 years ago as a freshman and was shocked that someone with so much current ability and potential was at Drake.
That was short lived! He is a really solid player and its very unfortunate he is hurt, but I am happy we dont play against him.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
GLASS HALF-FULL STATE FAN:
Just makes a potential win a bigger plus on the old resume!
GLASS HALF-EMPTY STATE FAN:
But a loss definitely knocks us out of the NCAA's

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Robbins is awesome, hate that he got hurt but this game is a lot more winnable for us with him not playing. They don’t have much in the post outside of him and he had been averaging like 22 points a game during this hot stretch they’ve had.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
We aren't making eight 3s against anyone. If that is truly what it will take to win then we have little to no chance. However, I don't think that will be necessary as much as preventing Vandy from going wild at the 3 point line.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login