Veazy waste no time handicapping the impact on athletics

zelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
Notice that none of those he called returned his calls. I'm in sales,and even I get calls returned. Popular guy,that Veasey fella.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
that's good journalism. Kudos to Veazey for actually calling Holliman and Franklin.

zelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
Dig is for past transgressions of smugness and coasting on other articles. If ya'll want to hop in the car with KV and get breakfast at Sonic,go for it. Just calling people and "not reaching" them is not that impressive to me. Give him kudos if you want.</p>

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I think he is a great beat writer and trust me, I was totally against hiring someone with an Ole Miss journalism degree to cover Mississippi State.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I think that considering the influence Holloman and Franklin have on campus that their friends & acquaintances were constantly calling them wondering what in the world was happening.

If Veazey wants to continue on this track, they may have to talk to him eventually if only to give bland assurances that everything is okay. I also wouldn't be surprised if he tries to interview Doc in the next few days concerning the topics raised in the article.

May 24, 2006
Some people can't get past the fact that he is a graduate of UM (despite the fact that he doesn't give two ***** about Ole Miss sports). One would think VZ has more than proven his worth since he started covering MSU. Kyle seems to be more ambitious and hard working than any other CL beat writer in recent memory.

zelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
Look,I don't care where he went to school. Maybe I was spoiled from the previous beat writer,but haven't been really impressed by his work. No biggy. You think he's great. I don't. Whatever. Spent too much time on the discussion already.

patdog

May 28, 2007
When Veazey first started, I didn't think he was very good at all and he did write a few articles that came out the wrong way. I think a lot of that was inexperience, rather than an anti-MSU agenda on his part. He's gotten much better in the past year and does just as good a job as the previous beat writer. What the hell else do you expect him to do to get in touch with the cigar boys? Camp out at their doorstep and ambush them? I'm sure he'd get a lot of useful information out of them that way?</p>

TheCosmoKramer

Feb 25, 2008
He's a journalist. It's not that unusual for people not to return journalists' phone calls promptly. I bet you could find at least half a dozen other stories in today's paper or on the news tonight where they say that they were unable to reach someone they tried to talk to about the story.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login