Vic wins conference

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't know what actually went down before he left and I have no beef with Vic leaving.

But the truth is he's in his 3rd year at a school with tremendously more resources than us. He most definitely would have finished 3rd at best in the SEC because his team is not at the level of Staley and Mulkey (who turned LSU around very quickly).

He's a very good coach, but I'm actually pretty impressed that we're not light years away from his program with the mistakes we've made since he left.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He finally got away from Staley and Mulkey for a little while. Unfortunately for him, he’ll have to deal with them both every year in less than two years.

Reactions: yakalot2 and Dawgg

wtw2400

Nov 11, 2014

Cohen should've been fired the minute Vic left. I've seen the excuses or the rumors being put out there. But that's just all gossip. If all that's true he's not a HC at Texas.

Bottom line is Cohen fd up again and instead of having a real AD, we allowed him to destroy yet another amazing sport that we had. One of Cohen's big jobs was to ensure that he did not piss off Vic, and it's apparent he did.

Not taking anything away from Purcell, good dude and all. But we let our GOAT get away thanks to Auburns joke of an AD.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I’ll take Sam. Dude did a good job this year and I think he will recruit well. But there are two monsters in this league now he will have a hard time with and Vic third best in the new league at best. OM coach seems like a good one hate to say

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Cohen should've been fired the minute Vic left. I've seen the excuses or the rumors being put out there. But that's just all gossip. If all that's true he's not a HC at Texas.

Bottom line is Cohen fd up again and instead of having a real AD, we allowed him to destroy yet another amazing sport that we had. One of Cohen's big jobs was to ensure that he did not piss off Vic, and it's apparent he did.

Not taking anything away from Purcell, good dude and all. But we let our GOAT get away thanks to Auburns joke of an AD.
1678218270148.png

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Since rumors are encouraged, wasn't that a red head walking by in the background at about the 16 second mark of the video?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Bleh. They were 23-8 and would have been the 4th best team in the SEC.

Vic benefitted from the vacuum left behind by Mulkey leaving Baylor.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

I don't think people skills was Cohen's strong suit. You just can't let a coach that had the success Vic did at MSU get away even if you feel you have to overpay.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don't think people skills was Cohen's strong suit. You just can't let a coach that had the success Vic did at MSU get away even if you feel you have to overpay.
Vic and Cohen were two alpha dogs that thought their respective sport should be the top of the food chain on campus, both were wrong.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Vic and Cohen were two alpha dogs that thought their respective sport should be the top of the food chain on campus, both were wrong.
Well, based on the results of the respective sports during their tenures, Vic had every right to declare his program to be at the top of the food chain. I mean after all, what other program had gone to 2 consecutive national championship games. Cohen darn sure didn't do it.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022

#TRUTH!!!! Head man on Campus got lied to and played.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Thanks Cohen / POS. To this day I'm still pissed off about it. Maybe one day I'll not be as pissed off but not today.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
The good news I'd that brining in rickea as the jewel in the crown wasn't going to get us much further than sweet 16.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

He should have been fired because a women's basketball coach left for a job that pays better and has significantly more resources? Come on now, step back and look at what you are claiming.
Maybe if Luigi at UCONN left, that sort of thing would happen, but this is a women's basketball coach for goodness sake. Right or wrong, reality is that the sport simply is not important enough to fire an AD because a coach leaves.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login