Vic with the final one seed for Texas

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And Madison Booker from Germantown is the Big 12 POY as a 17'n freshman.

And every bubble SEC team made the tourney while we burst into flames down the stretch.

Still just depressing.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Little tidbit. Former State assistant Carley Thibault is the HC at Fairfield.

They just completed a 31-1 season. Only loss was by 3 at Vandy.

She won't be there much longer.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I won't see him but I guess some will.

I'm positive he will get a standing ovation and i suspect some of the State fans will be secretly rooting for him.
Your point? One of top 2 all time best coaches ever at State. Hell his team that beat UCONN is at the start of a new NCAA/Olympic Commercial that started running today during the selection show..

If I were the AD… that little Pom Pom guy that coaches the women would be fired and go do everything to get Vic back.

He will win a Natty at Texas. Betting he would come back to Starkville if he was asked …

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Your point? One of top 2 all time best coaches ever at State. Hell his team that beat UCONN is at the start of a new NCAA/Olympic Commercial that started running today during the selection show..

If I were the AD… that little Pom Pom guy that coaches the women would be fired and go do everything to get Vic back.

He will win a Natty at Texas. Betting he would come back to Starkville if he was asked
Why would he?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

And every bubble SEC team made the tourney while we burst into flames down the stretch.

Still just depressing.
Who cares?

You can thank the formerly sanctimonious Cohen for that. With a hat tip to Keenum, as always.
I bet you also blame them for Mullen leaving.

I see The Cult of Vic still remains strong
Yes it does. Probably a strong correlation to the mouth breathing contingent, which is sizable.

Vic had his shot to win a title and make us a blue blood with some staying power. He blew it, and sailed off into the sunset. It happens. Losing that 2018 title game was worse than Ron Polk losing to Texas in 1985, as far as chokes go.

He's not coming back, I promise that. And none of this matters anyway.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Posting about him twice a year ain't cult like. It's just a discussion that a few here just can't help but comment on.
Timing is odd and hints at an agenda, to be fair.

We find out our seeding and matchup for March Madness and get a huge series win in baseball. So let’s discuss a coach that left years ago in a non revenue sport?…

Reactions: bamabully

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

We find out our seeding and matchup for March Madness and get a huge series win in baseball. So let’s discuss a coach that left years ago in a non revenue sport?…

It was Selection Sunday. I was watching way more basketball related **** than I normally do. I didn't realize that Texas finished that well or Booker, who played 10 miles from where I live, had that kind of impact.

That's not an agenda. I started threads on the men a few times this weekend.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I see The Cult of Vic still remains strong
With 2 NC games he deserved a cult given what we get out of most sports. I only have 2 words, "Thanks Cohen". Of all the bad moves he made with coaches the worst was pissing off Vic to the point where he left. I mean he was the only possibly the best coach we've ever had in any athletic sport. I'm not even much of a WBB fan and I could see that.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

PhiDawg

Aug 2, 2023
With 2 NC games he deserved a cult given what we get out of most sports. I only have 2 words, "Thanks Cohen". Of all the bad moves he made with coaches the worst was pissing off Vic to the point where he left. I mean he was the only possibly the best coach we've ever had in any athletic sport. I'm not even much of a WBB fan and I could see that.
Vic’s daughter was allegedly given a warning that no other higher ed teacher would've been granted.

Aug 22, 2012
People don't feel the same way Lemonis and he actually won a NC.

A part of the fanbase were pushing for Vic to become AD in our last 2 searches.

CULT

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Still just depressing.
I would argue it’s more depressing to get depressed over women’s basketball.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
People don't feel the same way Lemonis and he actually won a NC.

A part of the fanbase were pushing for Vic to become AD in our last 2 searches.

CULT
I like Lemonis and winning the NC was a great accomplishment but Lem took a program that has been a national power for decades and finally got the last piece accomplished. Essentially all the real success the WBB program has EVER had at MSU was under Vic. He basically built up the program from scratch and brought our program to heights never seen and now he's taken over at Texas and has them to a #1 seed while our program is floundering. What Vic accomplished here is really unparalleled by any other coach in our history. That being said I would certainly have no interest in him as an AD. And I also think State would have been better off if we had never had John Cohen as an AD and will continue to feel that way.

Reactions: bamabully

bamabully

Oct 31, 2015

Seriously the truth

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login