Victaria Saxton doesnt get respect she deserves

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
She has been the true unsung hero for Carolina for years. She was really fun to watch and was way better than her recruiting ranking (48th) coming in and how she was viewed by alot of "experts". Now ESPN doesnt even have her getting drafter in WNBA draft. You cant tell me she isnt one of the top 36 players in that draft. How long have we seen Chloe Bibee as she played for three different teams and she is getting drafted? Not Saxton? Saxton was WAY better. Its a shame because she was awesome.

Reactions: Gamekem

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
The problem is she could never play the 5 here. And if she can't play the 5 in college, she can't at the next level. She also never developed a consistent mid-range jump shot, so that pretty much eliminates her as a face the basket threat. So she can only play one position: the 4, and then only with her back to the basket. She has at the length and athleticism to be a good defender at that spot. What she does extraordinarily well is offensive rebound. She actually had 20 more offensive rebounds than defensive. I honestly can't remember another player who played as much as Saxton who could say that. Usually a low post player will have twice or more defensive rebounds than offensive rebounds. So she's definitely a role player. Some GMs might not want to spend a draft pick on a role player.

So to be clear, I respect her. I'm just giving you the reason why she's not projected to be drafted. The 3 point shot is a big deal in the WNBA, so Bibby's ability to be a threat for there is most likely the reason she's projected ahead of VS.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Just like Boston put in the work last year to get her weight down...Saxton should be motivated to improve her midrange jump shot!!!

Reactions: DarkCock

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
She has been the true unsung hero for Carolina for years. She was really fun to watch and was way better than her recruiting ranking (48th) coming in and how she was viewed by alot of "experts". Now ESPN doesnt even have her getting drafter in WNBA draft. You cant tell me she isnt one of the top 36 players in that draft. How long have we seen Chloe Bibee as she played for three different teams and she is getting drafted? Not Saxton? Saxton was WAY better. Its a shame because she was awesome.
Forget the media heads.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
I was hoping Saxton would return...in the too early preseason rankings, we're #1...

I hope Boston works even harder to better her game in the off season.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
This is huge. How many times this season has Dawn praised her in the press conferences. She talked about all the little things that Victaria does and how the coaches will have to scramble to fill that void. Dawn and coaches have to be elated. I am too.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Just like Boston put in the work last year to get her weight down...Saxton should be motivated to improve her midrange jump shot!!!
If she develops that part of her game then she will be everything Kiki was but maybe a little more. Kiki mastered that 8-10 ft jump shot and nailed it every time. If Saxton develops that, it takes her to another level entirely. It ill also pull people off of Boston a little bit more because they have to account for that.

Reactions: DarkCock

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
I do love her disregard for her body for going after lose balls and scrappy rebounds. This is Actually a big deal she's coming back.

Slim Chickens Gamecock

Feb 2, 2022
That was more of a Rona Virus Joke than a take on Saxton. She is a fighter. Hopefully she can instill that into Cardosa.

NYC_Gamecock

Joined Jun 16, 2007
Feb 5, 2022
Every great basketball team, NCAA or NBA, must have a player like Saxton on their roster. In other words, a player who does all the dirty work like rebounding and defense and yet still content not to be in the spotlight. This type of unselfish yet essential player is imperative for any team to win a championship.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login