Video of Oregon State's stadium being imploded

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Utah State with a little post-bowl smack talk…

[FONT="]geez guys it was only a bowl game... https://t.co/9KL33sBIoV— USU Football (@USUFootball) January 7, 2022 [/FONT]

NOATLDAWG

Dec 29, 2020
that's what I have been thinking... the west side just got upgraded underneath, didn't it? The east side needs that TLC. I know the West side needs more portals for the 300 person long rows but I thought the rest was just upgraded. (I always sit on the east side)

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
The lower east side is the worst part of Davis-Wade, and it's not close.

are you talking underneath? The concourse can be upgraded easily. The east side has premium seating currently. The west side does not. Unless you consider 1985 chairbacks remium. Anyway, you rebuild the west side first to add skyboxes and another club level. Also IMO rows 1-10ish on the west side are obstructed views.

As for the underside of the west side, wasn't that mostly adding concrete to level and add stairs? If you rebuild the west with premium seating, you'll make money to replace a concession stand.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I have a lot of hate in my heart for other colleges. Mainly based on the number of ******* alumni I have dealt with from a given school. Oregon State is one of those schools.

Back in 2009 I worked for a a big public company as a regional sales manager for Texas, LA, AR, OK, and NM. We were in the construction industry and we're downsizing rapidly. Corporate had just hired a girl from Intel that was an Oregon State IE grad and her husband found a job in Dallas so they stuck her in my office as a demand planner. She was okay, but her husband was a real piece of ****.

He was an Oregon State grad too... I will get into that in a minute. But here are the teams he rooted for:

Jeff Gordon
Patriots
Alabama football
Lakers
Yankees
Kentucky basketball

Cannot make this **** up.

Well after about a year or so of casually seeing them. Mrs Socks and I get invited over to their apartment for a dinner party. This 17er has 5 diplomas hanging on the wall in the living room as the centerpiece of their home... 5 undergraduate diplomas from Oregon State. He spent 11 years getting 5 different undergrad degrees. As he was bragging about it, Mrs Socks couldn't help herself, she asked, "Isn't that kind of like getting 5 high school diplomas?"

He legit went to his room in a huff and we left before dinner. Here's a snip from his LinkedIn profile. 17er must have really bombed on the GRE and GMAT I guess.

View attachment 23546

17 Oregon State. For that guy. For the CWS. For having Hugh Freeze as their mascot.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I guess Wood Science and Technology would be a sought after degree from a school who’s mascot is The Beavers.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
One side has been small and the other side is really nice. Western teams don't travel well. Especially considering outside of those four schools in Oregon and Washington all other visiting fans pretty much are flying in. Not an easy drive.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
What a weird grouping of degrees . Wood science is an outlier. My guess is he started there couldn't get a job went back as industrial engineering or manufacturing couldn't get a job or he did and to move into the business side move to the business degrees. But why on earth not just get an mba? Guess you are right and couldn't qualify.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
****. That wood science degree is extremely hireable. Means you usually have an extremely large dong too. Only a real badass can get one of those.***

He actually started in IE. Liked making furniture. He's always worked in the lumber business though. The business degrees are the joke. Get the IE and/or Wood Science degree at most then go get an MBA. I mean that's what a real badass with a big dingaling would have done.***

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Next fall will make 50 years that since I have the figured out what college football is and that I was a Mississippi State Bulldogs fan. Thinking back on what football was like in the 70s, 80s, hell, even the 90s I cannot believe the amount of money that is spent today and just how big of business the college football has become. When you start putting that much money on something it won't take long for parts of it to become compromised. Not to mention that there really is no real organization that can keep a watchdog eye on things. I guess will all have to get used to those having the most money usually winning.

Dec 14, 2008
I've been to a few games there. The side they are trying to match was renovated about ten years ago and is actually very nice. I think the entire upper deck is chairback seating, with cup holders as I recall. Much nicer than any general seating at DWS. The side just imploded was definitely aging. The roof overhang looks funny but is actually fairly common at high schools in the PNW due to the near constant rain in fall / winter. I know U of Washington has or has those, as well. Would make for some nice shade at DWS.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
****. That wood science degree is extremely hireable. Means you usually have an extremely large dong too. Only a real badass can get one of those.***

He actually started in IE. Liked making furniture. He's always worked in the lumber business though. The business degrees are the joke. Get the IE and/or Wood Science degree at most then go get an MBA. I mean that's what a real badass with a big dingaling would have done.***

One of my roommates at state was a wood science major. Teaches high school now. Furniture making didn't pan out.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
After seeing that, I’d have to say the most rickety LFL that-ever-was seems safer than those Oxford-esque bleachers.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I was actually joking, hence the sarcasterisks, but I'll take the bait.

Sounds like your roommate was a slacker or just couldn't succeed in the business world. If you can't take a forest products degree that virtually nobody in the world has and find a job in a $200 billion dollar industry that's on you... The degree legitimately opens doors at every major forest products company in the country.

There are plenty of under achievers out there and it doesn't matter what your major is, if you don't have the soft skills, you are going to have a hard time succeeding.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login