Video of the Landon Sims injury

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I just had that test done. Ends up I have a slight case of Carpal Tunnel and a nerve that goes over the point of my elbow. So it can snap across it and get that tingling in the fingers.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I just had that test done. Ends up I have a slight case of Carpal Tunnel and a nerve that goes over the point of my elbow. So it can snap across it and get that tingling in the fingers.

So is that possibly good news, or not, as far as Sims I mean?

SaintsDoc

Apr 24, 2016

carpal tunnel would be wrist and ulnar nerve entrapment or ulnar tunnel is elbow. Suspect Sims either had UCL injury vs subluxation of ulnar nerve. For a pitcher, both would require surgery to repair. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Pedro Martinez swears that there are ways to throw (and throw hard) and not stress the UCL so much. We've got to get this crap under control, all over baseball. This Latino players play all year round and never hurt their elbow. It's something about American players the way we do things. There's a video on Youtube if you search Pedro Martinez mechanics. Basic tenet is not opening up too quick and using all arm, combined with guys have such big muscles nowadays. And obviously guys are trying to throw much harder than they really can, naturally, which overstresses things - but also gets you paid.

I think most are just thinking TJ is worth the payday.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login