Videos coming out of New Orleans

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
It’s about 6” wetter at my house than I’ve ever seen. I didn’t count the raindrops and do the math, but some pumps have got to be offline.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
IMG_3619.jpeg
Put on my waders and found my way to a bridge across the west esplanade canal in Metairie. Those thin little silver strips barely above the water are guardrails for a bridge crossing the canal.

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Tagging on to my last post, that view normally looks like this. Cars crossing in the background at the guardrails previously mentiond.Screenshot 2024-09-11 230152.png

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
View attachment 647624
Put on my waders and found my way to a bridge across the west esplanade canal in Metairie. Those thin little silver strips barely above the water are guardrails for a bridge crossing the canal.
Isn’t there a pump station very close to where this picture was taken or am I thinking of somewhere else? Should be close to the ship yard down there.

Edit* disregard I was thinking of somewhere else

Last edited:
Reactions: uptowndawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I don't think the pumps can handle that much water at one time

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Kudos to the police and fire department for springing into action to lend a hand once the Good Samaritan had saved the guy. **

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Would have been nice if the newscaster went to try to help the guy instead of watching him almost drown. Nice to see someone helped that poor guy.
Agree, there's too much watching and filming, not enough selfless people willing to get in and help today. He could have put the mic down, told the camera guy to keep rolling and went to try to help. But that's where we are these days it seems.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants
May 7, 2006
Where’s your car, dude?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It’s about 6” wetter at my house than I’ve ever seen. I didn’t count the raindrops and do the math, but some pumps have got to be offline.
I saw somewhere early yesterday that one/some pumps were already not working; perhaps it had long not been working and just made the news because of the impending storm? No idea, but a friend of mine who lives in New Orleans was the source.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have "shaken my damn head" at the number of people having to be rescued out of flooded cars trying to drive down the street today. Its just 17n amazin' how damn stupid people are. That first video, the guy said the truck was driving down the wrong side of a blocked off road. "Come on man"......

Reactions: mcdawg22

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I'm assuming the news guy knew rescue was coming. Otherwise, he's a low class individual & coward.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
I have always heard if all the pumps in NOLA are working, they can handle 1”/hour of rain.

Reactions: onewoof

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm assuming the news guy knew rescue was coming. Otherwise, he's a low class individual & coward.
What about the multiple cops and firemen that are clearly there in the first video?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Agree, there's too much watching and filming, not enough selfless people willing to get in and help today. He could have put the mic down, told the camera guy to keep rolling and went to try to help. But that's where we are these days it seems.
Nobody in their right mind should be expected to die trying to save somebody determined to die from being stupid.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If you live below sea level and you've known for days that there is a hurricane coming, maybe it's best not to put forth any effort to keep you in the gene pool?
Better know as "survival of the fittest"

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Nobody in their right mind should be expected to die trying to save somebody determined to die from being stupid.
Whoa. Alrighty then, remind me not to die around you. I will assume you're not a cop or firefighter. Or doctor. Military. Security guard. Teacher. Airline pilot. Hell, I hope the guy at the table next to you tonight doesn't take too big a bite of his steak and start to choke. I guess you'll tell your wife,"17 that guy, he was being stupid"

*FWIW, I wasn't saying the reporter should put himself in danger. It looked like the rescuer walked through the water pretty safely. I was assuming he would attempt to get to the guy to try to help, but if the water was getting dangerous, then back off. Wasn't asking the intrepid reporter to commit suicide.

Reactions: AlCoDog

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I know you shouldn't judge an audio book by it's reader, but based on the sound of that reporter's voice he's a bit light in loafers (NTTAWWT) and wouldn't have been much help.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Whoa. Alrighty then, remind me not to die around you. I will assume you're not a cop or firefighter. Or doctor. Military. Security guard. Teacher. Airline pilot. Hell, I hope the guy at the table next to you tonight doesn't take too big a bite of his steak and start to choke. I guess you'll tell your wife,"17 that guy, he was being stupid"

*FWIW, I wasn't saying the reporter should put himself in danger. It looked like the rescuer walked through the water pretty safely. I was assuming he would attempt to get to the guy to try to help, but if the water was getting dangerous, then back off. Wasn't asking the intrepid reporter to commit suicide.

I live on the Gulf Coast, if some dumbass is dumb enough to go into the water during double red flags I'll be damned if I don't watch them drown.

17 em if they are that dumb.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login