vs Minnesota @ The Hump

#ShowOff

Jun 21, 2013
This game here is an early indication if the Bulldogs go to the Big Dance or be NIT bound. There was a lot of talk in the offseason of Howland's team and the dynamic pieces he put together and the potential noise this team can make. There's a good squad coming in to the home court of the Bulldogs. It's a great resume builder for the NCAA Tournament.

We all know how Ben Howland's teams (specifically in SEC play) performs...we have 6 seasons of it. They will look like a legit top-15 team for two games in a row and look in sync and gelled together. And then they will lose three games in a row to inferior teams that they were favored against. That's just the way it's been.

State was heavily favored last night but the offense seemed to be out of sync. I have no idea what to expect when State plays the Gophers but these are the games you win that can put you into the Tournament.
Win this game and it could be a 22-win type of season...or lose it and it will be safe to assume it will be a 16-19 win and NIT bound season.

I would just like this team to pressure/hustle on defense the entire game. Not as games have been in the past where State struggles in the first half but comes alive in the second. If Minnesota wins but the hard effort is there by the Dogs, that is fine by me. This is perhaps Howland's most talented team and we have some depth.

Good luck to the Bulldogs on Sunday. Have a good weekend all.

Hail State!!

ArcherSPS

Aug 22, 2012
Tickets are $5 on the athletics site as well. Get your asses to the game and be loud.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login