WA Husky Message Board Designed Our New Logo

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Nov 20, 2023
Wasn’t it Washington that Luke Alexander walked off in Omaha?
Are you thinking of the very low scoring pitchers Duel where we won 1 or 2-0? I believe it was them. Yep your exactly right it was Luke that walked them off 1-0. I remember it well, just wasn’t sure who walked em off. I remember my Wife saying she “almost” felt sorry for their pitcher… he did pitch a tremendous game through 9 innings I believe and still lost

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I know they are trying to make fun of us, and it’s funny, but it really just shows how weak their competition is if these guys continue to show out when they get there. DJ was an average SEC running back, all world PAC? running back.
FWIW, Washington's Strength of Schedule this year ended up being 12th in the country. That takes into account everyone they play, everyone that played everyone they play, etc. That isnt quite as high as Bama or Texas level, but its significantly better than Michigan.

For context...
Michigan- 35
Florida State- 55
Georgia- 39
The MSU- 32

jptay601

Nov 13, 2013
FWIW, Washington's Strength of Schedule this year ended up being 12th in the country. That takes into account everyone they play, everyone that played everyone they play, etc. That isnt quite as high as Bama or Texas level, but its significantly better than Michigan.

For context...
Michigan- 35
Florida State- 55
Georgia- 39
The MSU- 32
One Common for 2023 We beat AZ worse than they did which to me says a helluva lot aboout this SOS Argument.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
One Common for 2023 We beat AZ worse than they did which to me says a helluva lot aboout this SOS Argument.
I am not defending Washington here. They may get blown out in the CFP game and may struggle when they go to the BIG next season.

With that said, using the win margin of 1 single common opponent to make a point is laughable. Dont do that. Dont be laughable.

jptay601

Nov 13, 2013
I am not defending Washington here. They may get blown out in the CFP game and may struggle when they go to the BIG next season.

With that said, using the win margin of 1 single common opponent to make a point is laughable. Dont do that.

jptay601

Nov 13, 2013
Funny thing is that as bad as we were this year Marks had better rushing numbers that DJ against same exact team. So with that being said as one of there better wins against a top 14 team that makes SOS not add up. Also take into account the fact that Bo Nix also from the SEC left and blew up the PAC 12.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Might wanna look into who was QB'ing Arizona in those two games.

We would likely have lost to later season Arizona with Fifita at QB. And I'm not sure winning in OT at home by the same margin (actually by the exact same score) qualifies as beating them worse than Washington in Tucson.

jptay601

Nov 13, 2013
Might wanna look into who was QB'ing Arizona in those two games.

We would likely have lost to later season Arizona with Fifita at QB. And I'm not sure winning in OT at home by the same margin (actually by the exact same score) qualifies as beating them worse than Washington in Tucson

The SOS comes in to question as to how good DJ was since they have a supposed rank of 12 SOS, and he had a good year. Against that Same D Marks had more YDs and YPC. I am not saying we are better than them. In an apples to apples it weakens the argument that we are their farm league considering the crappy Ds they played all year.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The SOS comes in to question as to how good DJ was since they have a supposed rank of 12 SOS, and he had a good year. Against that Same D Marks had more YDs and YPC. I am not saying we are better than them. In an apples to apples it weakens the argument that we are their farm league considering the crappy Ds they played all year.
I remember when I was 16 and thought results against a single common opponent should be used to compare two teams or even leagues/conferences.

• Haha
Reactions: jptay601

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

For context...
Michigan- 35
Florida State- 55
Georgia- 39
The MSU- 32
I suspect their SOS has more to do with not playing an FCS school. They played Oregon (11-1), Arizona (9-3), Utah (8-4), Oregon St (8-4), USCw (7-5), Cal (6-6), and Boise State (7-5). So some solid schools and definitely enough decent ones to deserve credit for avoiding a loss. Not like the schools like Boise that used to play 10 cupcakes and have to get up for two games. But still much harder to play a few top schools and an FCS game than to play four teams 15-30ish.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login