Wait, Chad Ramey is a dawg?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Sitting here with the Players Championship on in the background, watching Ramey tear Sawgrass a new one, and outta nowhere… I hear the commentator not only mention that he’s from the SEC, but he’s a former Mississippi State bulldog. Dude has a chance to set the course record today

Where have I been?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Played with him years ago at Fulton CC when he was in HS, he took some of my money that day. lol

Good kid and even better golfer.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
How do you not know who Ramey is? He won a PGA event last year and a Korn Ferry one the year before. Played at the same high school in Fulton with Ally McDonald. Think his dad is the course superintendent.

I think he was the first Mississippi male to win a PGA event in like 50 years.

He sure has the ability to turn it on quick. He hasn't played well at all this year, but he has shown before he can throw up a really good weekend out of the blue. Hope he can pull off a nice finish. The prize money at the Players is insane.

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Awesome for Ramey.

Saw another Mississippian aced the most famous hole in golf today at 17. Hayden Buckley. Hate he got out of the state and went to Mizzou.

This is about to be the golden years of Mississippians in pro golf. With Ally a contender on the LPGA. There’s a few in addition to Ramey and Buckley that will contend in a few years as their game develops.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Ramey is a a great kid. Was at the driving range one day at Reunion and he walks up with his State stuff on and we talk. I then watched him hit his driver every way possible. He was taking requests on what to hit next and he hit every one.

Buckley’s dad and I grew up together in Starkville. He played baseball at Ole Miss then became a Dr. Great family. His dad and my dad were roommates in the nursing home last year. My dad passed away and then Mr. Buckley 3 weeks later. 2022 was not a good year. Toughest of my life. Ended up having a heart attack and congestive heart failure on May 1.

All hail to a better 2023.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login