Want to mention this about Woody Marks

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
If the Arizona game is the plan going forward, Woody will get killed. I think he is our best back. However, He had issues last year staying healthy in a two back, pass heavy offense last year. He doesn't run away from contact. There is no way he can handle that many touches in every game.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Agreed. He gets through the first line of defense and seems to have very little field vision there on after. His north/south style is an asset but his vision and forward lean upon5+ yards, as he enters the 3rd level of defense makes me very nervous

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If the Arizona game is the plan going forward, Woody will get killed. I think he is our best back. However, He had issues last year staying healthy in a two back, pass heavy offense last year. He doesn't run away from contact. There is no way he can handle that many touches in every game.
I really think last night was more about last nights game plan than any philosophy we're going to see all year. Or at least I'm going to keep telling myself that because otherwise this season is going to get ugly.

that said, woody isn't taking near the shots he was taking last year. Last year he was taking on 2/3 guys without blockers every time he touched the ball.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
Woody will be deceased by the end of the year. He will actually not have a pulse anymore. We are going to run him in to the ground. He is going to more than make up for not having many carries his first three years.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Davis and Pittman have had good moments, need to work them in more. Woody leads the SEC in rush attempts through two games which isn’t necessarily a good thing.
Davis looked like he hurt his knee, had an ACL like limp leaving the field. Hope that is not the case, need the depth.

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I really think last night was more about last nights game plan than any philosophy we're going to see all year. Or at least I'm going to keep telling myself that because otherwise this season is going to get ugly.

that said, woody isn't taking near the shots he was taking last year. Last year he was taking on 2/3 guys without blockers every time he touched the ball.
I heard someone say this Sunday morning, but if true then i'm even more concerned. To think that we refused to deviate from that plan Saturday night to the point of allowing AZ to tie the game up and damn near beat us? Because we refused to deviate from the plan. That makes my stomach hurt.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login