Washington Huskie encounter

Mar 3, 2008
Staying in the same hotel in N.O. as the team. My son and I were in line for the front desk and started talking to a player. It was Rome Odunce. Super nice guy, took a pic with the boy. Saw my state hoodie and asked me about Dillion and Will. I wished him well and told him how much the state people hated will. Told him he can’t run and has a noodle arm.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Staying in the same hotel in N.O. as the team. My son and I were in line for the front desk and started talking to a player. It was Rome Odunce. Super nice guy, took a pic with the boy. Saw my state hoodie and asked me about Dillion and Will. I wished him well and told him how much the state people hated will. Told him he can’t run and has a noodle arm.
Let's correct that....SOME state people Hate Will.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't hate him and I'm glad he's getting a chance to make some money his final year. I have a hard time believing he will be able to step in and carry the team as Penix did. But what do I know.....I didn't think DJ would have the year he had either.
Here’s the cynicism again. Hard to imagine Rogers is commanding NIL money at Washington. More likely he’s just trying to get a shot at playing one more year.

Mar 3, 2008
I’m kidding. I told him Rodgers gave us all he had and it wasn’t good enough for some state fans. I’ve been around long enough that I still kind of appreciate a guy who throws for the yards he did and wins 9 games. In any system. Told him will isn’t mobile. Protect him and he has a chance. He couldn’t have made my 10 yr old son feel any better than he did.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Are you so naive to think that Rogers went to UDub for the love of the game?
Somewhere between there and 7 figures. Closer to the love of the game.

Please point out the people that paid him 7 figures. I’ve got some ocean front property to sell them in Sebastopol. And you too, apparently.

Reactions: GloryDawg

HuskyBDawg

Nov 26, 2017

Thanks for sharing this. It's great to hear that ya'll had such a positive experience meeting Rome Odunze. He is one of the best Washington Husky football players. I expect him to be playing on Sundays next fall. The man can catch a football!

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I don’t hate the guy by any measure. But, I’m glad he’s gone by every conceivable measure. All Will ever did was play football the only way he knew how.

Reactions: The Peeper

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
I have no ill will(pun intended) for Rogers. He played hard here, but he is limited. There aren't many offenses he can play in. The Air Raid was one that he could. I'm not going to say I wish him the best because I couldn't care less what he does at Washington.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
We would have paid big money to get a guy out of the portal with Will's resume.

It's laughable the disrespect he gets from our fans. He entered the portal and everyone celebrated. Said he would be at USM or WKU and we're getting Dillon Gabriel.

Meanwhile he's heading to a playoff team and we get a guy who was on nobody's list.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I wish Washington and Will good luck this and next year. He will be successful surrounded by a good team and good coaching. Sadly, he suffered through this season with terrible coaching and an offensive line that would make Bradley look like a bafoon.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
If the $650k is true, I don't think that's an outrageous amount to spend on a guy like Will Rogers. 4 Year Starter, 2nd all time leading passer in SEC history, veteran locker room guy. At the bare minimum if he doesn't play a single snap for Washington next year, he will be a good addition to their QB room to prep the younger guys there.

Nov 20, 2023
Read a really good article on the Washington team then they talk about Texas for their upcoming game. They did a section of the article about the Huskies difference maker is the last 6 or 8 games being that DJ averaged something like 80 yds. I’ll post link give it a read it does a really great job breaking down the differences. I had no idea both teams were “rated so horrendously in pass D” yet are in the playoffs. Texas and Washington to not quite the same extent get around it with the talent to stuff runs and get in the backfield some and making teams one dimensional stopping the run. Throwing off tempo keeping teams in long downs. Washington vs Texas Preview

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
According to some in the 'know' on the other board he's getting 7 figures.
Rap Flexing GIF by Vibbefanger

• Haha
Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

Spotdawg

Feb 15, 2007
Accordinvg to reliable rumor, Hugh Freeze offered Will $500K to come to Auburn a year ago. Will turned him down to stay and play for State because Arnett promised him that we would keep the Air Raid offense and he would continue to be in the mix for SEC passing records and another winning season.

• Wow
Reactions: Dawg84
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login