Washington Husky baseball player ejected: excessive celebration

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I did notice some of our players hit doubles and then do a Scott Stapp impression on second base. They better be careful.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought he looked into his own dugout and underlined his team name across his chest.
Nope.
No Way Bird GIF

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Ok, golfer
So you like giving up free base runners? Depending on the situation, a HBP is an expected 0.2-0.5 runs. Way too valuable to just be handing out as revenge because someone on the other team hurt your feelings.

Imagine how mad we would all rightfully be if a basketball player got a techincal foul on purpose because he felt disrespected by the other team's player, leading to 2 points. In most cases, the HBP is going to have a larger negative impact on our probability of winning.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
*Good to see them getting a handle on this kind of stuff. No room for a guy to be so demonstrative and show up the opponent like this. I can't believe he didn't go out to the mound and apologize to the pitcher for hitting a homer. Hopefully a suspension is coming for the hitter. He needs to learn a lesson*

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
College sports = celebration is disrespectful taunting

NFL = celebration is planned, profitable entertainment

Reactions: preacher_dawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If you get ejected before you score does the run count?
pretty sure ejection only happens at a dead ball situation, so after the score. If the player hit another player, stopped running, stopped the play then yes, he gone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login