Watched 2021 CWS highlights yesterday and....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
As usual, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. With this season going on I hadn't watched any of it for a while and as I did it felt surprisingly surreal watching so many players contribute to winning a NC that are part of this year's debacle.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Haha, I did too. Ran through my usual 4-5 youtubes when I'm feeling down. And yeah, it does kinda suck seeing some of these guys go out like this.

But you know what I noticed? Kam James sucked at the plate in big situations in 2021 too. Hits a bomb in Game 1 when we lost and K'ed a bunch of times when it mattered.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Guess you skipped through the regional & super when he was one of our best hitters. And he had nothing to do with winning a tight game 1 of the cws vs Texas either.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I'm watching this year's highlight to prepare me for football season.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
As usual, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. With this season going on I hadn't watched any of it for a while and as I did it felt surprisingly surreal watching so many players contribute to winning a NC that are part of this year's debacle.

The biggest jinx to me was (back at the beginning of this season) Cumbest saying something to the effect of last year's team didn't come close to their actual potential and still won the national championship.

That's the kiss of death in baseball, because anything can happen, and luck (good & bad) plays a part in any season.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
The biggest jinx to me was (back at the beginning of this season) Cumbest saying something to the effect of last year's team didn't come close to their actual potential and still won the national championship.

That's the kiss of death in baseball, because anything can happen, and luck (good & bad) plays a part in any season.

Problem is that without Allen, Jordan and Bednar plus losing Sims, this year's team had a significantly lower potential than last year's team and on top of that this year's team has played further below its potential than any baseball team we've ever had that I can remember. We have had some other poor baseball seasons but I don't know that any of those teams had as much talent as this one does. I do wonder if this team has the lowest batting average with RISP of any team we've ever had?

Last edited:

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We got a lot of timely hits last year that we didn’t get this season and Bednar/Sims was really the difference… we won a lot of close games last year and lost a lot of close games this year.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Harding was really solid too. Second half of the year he'd come in and eat 3 - 4 innings and save the rest of our bullpen. He might give up a couple of runs, but you knew the wheels weren't going to fall off. Just an all around solid middle relief guy that would keep us in the game.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Pitching.

This^^^^. The major difference between last year’s NC team and this year’s team is PITCHING. We supposedly had too many pitchers last year. Truth is, that’s the way to build your team. Load up on pitching. Hitting is not this team’s problem.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
He wasn't lights out, but he was steady, & one helluva competitor. Preston was like that last year as well, just not so much this year.

Named my new pup, Hooty, after him.
My fault if that convinced him to leave early.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login