Watched the women’s team

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Went to College Station today and watched the women play A&M. I watched some of the South Carolina game while I was doing stuff around the house, but this is the first time I’ve been able to just sit and watch them play a full game. I have to say, they’re playing with a lot of intensity.

They played full court press the entire time and they just collapse around whoever has the ball. On the offensive end, they have some streaky guards, Smith and Jordan, that aren’t afraid to go to the hoop. Purcell is animated as hell on the sideline.

I think they’re going to beat some teams they’re not supposed to before this season is over.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
We also went to the game in College Station. Purcell is very intense and the team seems to respond to him during the game. They are focused and intense. Purcell and his team made several halftime adjustments that helped secure the win. Smith’s mid- range jumpers in the second half were key. The unrelenting pressure on the Aggies helped too.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They're now 2-3 in the league and the three losses are to teams that are a combined 17-1 in the SEC. The wins are by a combined 44 points on the road over bottom dwellers.

They're looking like legit tourney contenders , having clearly shown they're much better than the worst SEC teams and solidly in the group behind USCe, LSU and Tennessee. Need some wins over that middle tier group of teams.

I'm again at the point in my MSU fandom where I'd rather watch the women than the men play basketball.

They still can't dunk though. It's just a continuing issue...

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
The women are at least competent enough in all areas to have a shot at beating most anyone on a given night. The men are so hamstrung by their inability to make shots either from the field or the free throw line that no matter what else they do they are always seemingly playing with one hand tied behind their back.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Two other observations:

1. Their crowd is filled with blue hairs too. I was in section 121 row f (equivalent of 106 row 7 at the Hump). My wife and I are both 42 and there were maybe two couples in the section that were younger than us.

2. Their bathroom says wash your hands for 20 seconds and mentions that's long enough to see the Aggie War Hymn, then they put the lyrics on screen and the whole damn thing is based on them not being Texas. I'm glad our fight song doesn't reference anybody else directly. The only time I think that works is in the case of Alabama's fight song, where they advocate for the actual murder of Georgia Tech players.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Two other observations:

1. Their crowd is filled with blue hairs too. I was in section 121 row f (equivalent of 106 row 7 at the Hump). My wife and I are both 42 and there were maybe two couples in the section that were younger than us.

2. Their bathroom says wash your hands for 20 seconds and mentions that's long enough to see the Aggie War Hymn, then they put the lyrics on screen and the whole damn thing is based on them not being Texas. I'm glad our fight song doesn't reference anybody else directly. The only time I think that works is in the case of Alabama's fight song, where they advocate for the actual murder of Georgia Tech players.
If we added our rival to our fight song.....

"Hail, Dear Old State, fight for that victory today,
Not like the Ole miss Rebels, who lost the the war and
are a bunch of self-absorbed alcoholic neo-Nazis..."

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
[QUOTE="She Mate Me, post: 14424540, member: 772043"

They still can't dunk though. It's just a continuing issue...
[/QUOTE]

They can make a 3!

Reactions: Dawgg

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
The women are at least competent enough in all areas to have a shot at beating most anyone on a given night. The men are so hamstrung by their inability to make shots either from the field or the free throw line that no matter what else they do they are always seemingly playing with one hand tied behind their back.

Maybe the men should try shooting that way. Its not like it could be much worse.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login