Watching the Akron JoMo's Lose this Game to Buffalo

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It occurred to me...

Is being the head coach at Akron really a better gig than the Offensive Coordinator at Oregon (or Miami)?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
It occurred to me...

Is being the head coach at Akron really a better gig than the Offensive Coordinator at Oregon (or Miami)?
I would think that HC at Akron is worse than OC at probably half the power 5 jobs.

Only Cohen could have ruined Joe Moorhead so rapidly. The guy should have had several years before he got Peter Principled. The guy is basically a pariah now.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Only Cohen could have ruined Joe Moorhead so rapidly. The guy should have had several years before he got Peter Principled. The guy is basically a pariah now.

On the bright side, hopefully he can do that to his most recent hire.

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I would think that HC at Akron is worse than OC at probably half the power 5 jobs.

Jughead was a below-average football coach. If he becomes a pariah it’s his own damn fault. As much as I’d like to pile on Cohen, place blame where it lies. I credit Cohen for smoking that dude before things got worse.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

Wait. Are you claiming that Moorhead should have not been let go when he did? He should’ve been let go after the Egg Bowl. That team was the worst team Msstate has had since 2008.

I’ll say this. If you were in attendance in Knoxville for the UT game his last year, there isn’t a chance in hell you would have that opinion.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Wait. Are you claiming that Moorhead should have not been let go when he did? He should’ve been let go after the Egg Bowl. That team was the worst team Msstate has had since 2008.

I’ll say this. If you were in attendance in Knoxville for the UT game his last year, there isn’t a chance in hell you would have that opinion.
It was the best defense we ever had but his offense was incredibly dumb given our players and he never had them ready to play and completely undisciplined

Reactions: patdog

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022

I was there unfortunately. We got embarrassed by a very bad UT team that day.
He should have had to find his own way back to MS and so should have Cohen.
Both deserved to not be employed by Mississippi State after that **** show

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

My point was that Schlomo was promoted way too high and far too quickly. Now he may never have a D1 coaching job again after only 5 or 6 years. I’m sure his coaching inadequacies would have shown up eventually, but he had no business being an SEC HC at that time.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Wut? Did Cohen advise Joe into trying to turn Nick Fitz into the next Joe Nammath?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I liked this guy. I met him once. He was down to earth and easy to talk with. I hate it didn't work out for him.

"Moorhead has three children) and created a specific list of parameters to consult when considering another head coaching gig. At the top of the list was family. Not money. Not program history. Family."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login