Waverly University

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Waverly was a plantation, you know slaves, evil white peoples. No way they are naming a public university after a plantation or owner of a plantation!

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
The W, a Mississippi University

Saw someone post this earlier. It’s easy. It’s perfect. Everyone would like it. So I guess there’s absolutely no way it happens.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The only real answer, that won’t happen, is close it down. It serves no purpose. But we’ll rename it some ridiculous name and keep throwing money at a dying school.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The only real answer, that won’t happen, is close it down. It serves no purpose. But we’ll rename it some ridiculous name and keep throwing money at a dying school.
Don't necessarily have to close it. Infrastructure is there, and the nursing school is good. It could be MSU Nursing campus or W campus or something. Similar to MSU-Meridian.

Kennesaw State did this with Southern Polytechnic, or something like that.

Edited: Southern Polytechnic, not Chatt Tech

Reactions: patdog

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The only thing that they have accomplished is to piss off all of the old alumni with this cluster. If that’s what they were trying to accomplish then they were very successful. Oh by the way, good luck in securing future donations to the University. I can tell you that my wife and all of her friends from the 1970’s “W” are seriously unhappy over the way this whole thing has been handled.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Don't necessarily have to close it. Infrastructure is there, and the nursing school is good. It could be MSU Nursing campus or W campus or something. Similar to MSU-Meridian.

Kennesaw State did this with Southern Polytechnic, or something like that.

Edited: Southern Polytechnic, not Chatt Tech
That was a proposal by the state government several years ago since State was formed as a men's school and the W was the women's. I'm sure that proposal was killed by Ole Miss alumni because it would make the student numbers favor State.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That was a proposal by the state government several years ago since State was formed as a men's school and the W was the women's. I'm sure that proposal was killed by Ole Miss alumni because it would make the student numbers favor State.
It was Barbour that suggested it. But of course, like many of the conservatives, he wanted it under the guise of "cutting administration" which wasn't going to go over well, rather than investing in education. And Keenum came on the job right after that so he didn't really have his chance to make things happen the right way.

MSU itself was just not in the correct position back then to fight against the power, so now it's a dead issue. Typical Mississippi.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login