Way to choke Lemonhead

patdog

May 28, 2007
Shuelke was cruising. No clue why we took him out.
One of my biggest peeves with modern baseball. Don’t take out a pitcher when he’s pitching well. Not a criticism of Lemonis or our pitching coach. Everybody does it these days. Every time you bring a new pitcher in, you run the risk he’s just not going to have it that day.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Fran Healy Nba GIF by Travis

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
One of my biggest peeves with modern baseball. Don’t take out a pitcher when he’s pitching well. Not a criticism of Lemonis or our pitching coach. Everybody does it these days. Every time you bring a new pitcher in, you run the risk he’s just not going to have it that day.
Modern college baseball, and below. You don’t see the pros doing that dumb shlt.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I was listening to the game on the radio. They scored the ball hit to third in the 9th as a hit. Didn’t realize it was that easy of a play. Good grief

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
For two seasons I have been the first to ride his ***. He seems to be turning things around. I am going to cut him some slack. They are on the road; Florida is the #4 team. Just win one game and don't lose a home series. You never know they might win the next two games. Technically it wasn't him who chokes. It was the pitchers. The relievers threw some really ****** pitches.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I was listening to the game on the radio. They scored the ball hit to third in the 9th as a hit. Didn’t realize it was that easy of a play. Good grief

let me guess what Polk said on the radio about the play at third. He said something akin to the ball was hit with tremendous spin rate coming to the third base and the third baseman should have caught the ball on the other side of his body. And oh well that’s baseball.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I was keeping up with the game in the game thread and the espn app. Turned on the game just in time to see 2 outs, bottom of the ninth, runners on 1st and second. Saw the first pitch roped down the first base line foul. Next pitch was hit the opposite way and booted, can’t believe it was scored a hit, by the third baseman. Loading the bases. Next pitch was thrown in the dirt, and almost a passed ball. I turned the tv knowing what was about to happen. Woke up this morning, and wasn’t surprised to see this thread.

patdog

May 28, 2007
For two seasons I have been the first to ride his ***. He seems to be turning things around. I am going to cut him some slack. They are on the road; Florida is the #4 team. Just win one game and don't lose a home series. You never know they might win the next two games. Technically it wasn't him who chokes. It was the pitchers. The relievers threw some really ****** pitches.
Two points. WHO'S pitchers are they? That whole "you can't blame the coach when the players fail" argument is bullshart. It's his damn job to recruit pitchers who won't fail. And yes, we're much improved this season. But THIS season is what a DOWN year in Mississippi State baseball should look like. After the last two disasters, it's just not good enough.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Two points. WHO'S pitchers are they? That whole "you can't blame the coach when the players fail" argument is bullshart. It's his damn job to recruit pitchers who won't fail. And yes, we're much improved this season. But THIS season is what a DOWN year in Mississippi State baseball should look like. After the last two disasters, it's just not good enough.
I agree. Too much we’ve “improved” around here. Weve been the worst or second worst sec team the last two seasoms. Improving didn’t require much.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I agree. Too much we’ve “improved” around here. Weve been the worst or second worst sec team the last two seasoms. Improving didn’t require much.
We're still in the bottom half. Only 3 teams have a worse record right now than we do. One of which is Florida. Only 1 team has a worse RPI.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Right so far our early season gauntlet has been a 2-6 lsu team whose RPI is in the 30s, and a Florida team who’s RPI is middle of the conference. And a good Texas AM team.

doesn’t look like we are or have played 3 of the leagues best at the moment.

i said we’ll have a better idea of the contenders and pretenders after 3-4 weeks. Picture is getting more clear. If we are much improved we should get a game in Florida at worst

Reactions: patdog

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Who evaluated and recruited those pitchers?

Reactions: patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Davis cost us the game with 2 walks to lead off the 8th after entering with a 4 run lead.
And he was missing the plate by a foot on all sides. I only needed to see his first 2-3 pitches to know that he needed to get yanked quickly

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I also was watching on tv. When we walked the Fl. batter to give them the tying run I turned it off. I knew what was about to happen. I’d seen this happen too many times especially in the last 2.5years. I don’t like losing but especially don’t like losing when we hand it to them.

We could be a very good team if Lemon had recruited and evaluated talent. Giving him another year to bring in same talent doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Period

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login