2024 - Do we make a bowl?

• Yes

Votes: 52 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 3, 2008
Knowing what we know now (which isn’t much), do we make a bowl next year with this schedule?

Eastern Kentucky
at Arizona St
Toledo
UMass
Arkansas
Florida
at Georgia
Mizzou
at Tennessee
at Texas
Texas A&M
at Ole Miss

7Dust

Sep 1, 2023
Win-EKU,ASU,Toledo,UMass,Arkansas ....so that gives us 5

Winnable-Florida,Missouri,Texas AM,Ole Miss,Tennessee...I included Tennessee in this because they lose a crap ton of starters on both sides of the ball.

Lose-UGA and Texas

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I would think we would win our 4 non-conference games. Arkansas will be a dumpster fire and we have that game at home. Florida could potentially be the same as Arkansas as Napier is probably fighting to keep his job, if he still has it when we play them. Florida's schedule next year is brutal. Ole Miss is a toss-up and A & M at home is another possible win. I don't think we win Texas, Tennessee or Georgia on the road. Mizzou at home will be tough as well.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
We could go undefeated at home and it wouldn't surprise me.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
After losing the bowl streak this year, I'm kinda indifferent about making a bowl. Which sucks because that's about the best we can hope for. What should we really be concerned about? Making a bowl game in year 1, or putting all available effort and resources into a year that we can make it into the 12-teamer? Which is probably 2025 or 2026 at best.

Reactions: mcdawg22

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Knowing what we know now (which isn’t much), do we make a bowl next year with this schedule?

Eastern Kentucky
at Arizona St
Toledo
UMass
Arkansas
Florida
at Georgia
Mizzou
at Tennessee
at Texas
Texas A&M
at Ole Miss
I don't see a loss on the schedule, honestly**

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
We should go 4-0 in the non-con. Just need to find 2+ wins in the conference. Seems likely.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I see 3 more wins*** seriously, I can see us being 6-0 when we meet Georgia and not winning another game after that.

Reactions: patdog

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
As of 11/27 I say 4-8. Based on who we grab in the portal, I will update my predictions, but we'll be running a new offense and the defense is losing key contributors from an already depleted group. If we go crazy in the portal several toss-ups could become W's. I could see ASU, UF and A&M being W's but could also see Toledo being an L.

W - Eastern Kentucky
L - at Arizona St
W - Toledo
W - UMass
W - Arkansas
L - Florida
L - at Georgia
L - Mizzou
L - at Tennessee
L - at Texas
L - Texas A&M
L - at Ole Miss

Adding a loss to Bama out of habit

patdog

May 28, 2007
As of 11/27 I say 4-8. Based on who we grab in the portal, I will update my predictions, but we'll be running a new offense and the defense is losing key contributors from an already depleted group. If we go crazy in the portal several toss-ups could become W's. I could see ASU, UF and A&M being W's but could also see Toledo being an L.

W - Eastern Kentucky
L - at Arizona St
W - Toledo
W - UMass
W - Arkansas
L - Florida
L - at Georgia
L - Mizzou
L - at Tennessee
L - at Texas
L - Texas A&M
L - at Ole Miss

Adding a loss to Bama out of habit
Arizona St. is coming off back-to-back 3-9 seasons. If that's not a win, we've got bigger problems than any of us thought. The 4 SEC home games are all pretty close to toss ups (Ark probably win and Mizzou probable loss depending on what they lose from this year's team). The 4 SEC road games are losses. I predict 5-7 or 6-6.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Toledo will likely be a bigger challenge than Florida or Arkansas. I'd call it at 6-6.

Reactions: patdog

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
not the complete schedule.
Aug.31 E Kentucky
9/7 Arizona St
9/14 Toledo
10/2 U Mass
all others TBA

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Arizona St. is coming off back-to-back 3-9 seasons. If that's not a win, we've got bigger problems than any of us thought. The 4 SEC home games are all pretty close to toss ups (Ark probably win and Mizzou probable loss depending on what they lose from this year's team). The 4 SEC road games are losses. I predict 5-7 or 6-6.
ASU basically had half a roster due to the mismanagement by the previous staff so I think they'll add some pieces to improve slightly from bad to a below-average team. Should we win, yes. Will we win is a whole different answer. I'm expecting us to be downright awful on defense and learning a new offense still on the road for game 2 on the season. Plus as of today, we'd be trotting out Mike Wright in a brand new offense.

As I said, things can and will change based on our portal recruiting.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If we earn a bowl bid after changing our program from top to bottom we will have earned something special on the way to something great. The fact that most folks are picking us to make it happen says a lot to me about just how positive we all are that we have made a solid choice in coaching.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login