Waylon Jennings died on this day in 2002

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Great Post. Before I was ever an Outlaw Country Music Fan in the 90's my office was on the way from Dallas to Las Vegas to have a vacation on the company based on our financial success. I heard someone saying the name "Waylon Jennings" at the DFW Airport and I soon was shaking a hand that was from a person I only knew by name but was excited to meet a famous Country Star despite my non interest at the time of anything Country. Soon Thereafter we were informed there was an over booking and we would hafta fly First Class. We were syked about getting to go first class with Waylon who had 'bout 4 big friends with him. As soon as we were seated, Waylon started snoring and that's all the singin' we got to hear from him on that short flight.

was21

May 29, 2007
Hard to believe it’s been so long ago! Here is an interview I did with his grandson Whey Jennings whose voice sounds just like his grandpa. Check out Whey on tour. He’s a good one!

His hat didn't hang on the door nail too long.

Reactions: jwbigcreek

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
As far as I'm concerned Waylon was one of the coolest mother 17'ers to ever live, I would have loved to have been able to have seen him perform

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login