WBB @ Auburn

MissStFan87

Feb 15, 2007
Myah Taylor injured her knee at the start of the game, after a no-call takedown near halfcourt. Does Novak need to start making some live sacrifices to the basketball gods?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
3-0 since Jackson quit the team. May be the best thing that could have happened to them.

Feb 23, 2008
Give Novak the job already. What he’s done is nothing short of amazing.

I know the hot thing is national search blah blah blah. We’ve got a guy who’s making lemonade out of rotten lemons. 3-0 since a McDonald’s All American quit? You can’t argue with the results and playing with as thin a roster as anyone in the history of basketball. Hire him Cohen.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
I don’t give a **** that auburn has only 1 conference win. What Novak is doing with a depleted roster is beyond amazing. He’s got that team bought in and they play hard for him. I hope he can recruit cause I really want it to work out for him at state.

wrapit

Nov 30, 2008
Can Novak recruit? Has he lured ANY current players to the team? Most are from

our previous coach, right? give her credit, she got some quality guards to come here.
I do like Novak on the court; he is a great coach and works well with what he has (the anti-Moorehead, if you will) :)

I just wonder if he can get quality, SEC players to sign going forward.

I know the hot thing is national search blah blah blah. We’ve got a guy who’s making lemonade out of rotten lemons. 3-0 since a McDonald’s All American quit? You can’t argue with the results and playing with as thin a roster as anyone in the history of basketball. Hire him Cohen.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
3-0 since Jackson quit the team. May be the best thing that could have happened to them.

And did it vs the two worst teams in the league. Still no wins vs teams with a winning conference record. It gets tougher real soon. The luster is about to get knocked off.

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
And did it vs the two worst teams in the league. Still no wins vs teams with a winning conference record. It gets tougher real soon. The luster is about to get knocked off.

So what you're saying is - with 8 players total mind you - we are better than the bad teams and probably won't beat the upper teams. We are middle tier. And with that being said - considering the roster troubles - Novak has done a SEC Coach of the Year type job.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Only 7 women's teams in the SEC even have a winning conference record so right off the bat you are limited as to how many wins over teams w/ winning record you can even have. We are one of those 7 teams by the way so that means only 6 possible wins over teams w/ winning conference record. Of those 6 we've only played 3 so don't act like we've **** the bed already. Will we win any of the remaining 3 we don't know but you've already thrown in the towel obviously

mdm3045

Dec 8, 2018
Glad we got to watch 20 minutes of Auburn practice during halftime.

Don’t know how I did it but I somehow sat thru watching this halftime show of the Auburn women’s practice. My takeaway was that I’m kinda glad we took a pass on Johnnie. I realize that there’s more to it than what you see during that practice, but I came away from watching it thinking that maybe she is in over her head and is struggling to lead her team. Looked very unorganized and just a lot of unnecessary shouting. The results also speak for themselves, as Auburn looks like a SEC bottom dweller with no hope in sight.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
takes down Johnnie? She wasn't exactly on top

There were a lot of people on here right after Vic left saying that passing on Johnnie was akin to taking a blow torch to the women's locker room and Cohen must have rocks in his head for not hiring her immediately.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So what you're saying is - with 8 players total mind you - we are better than the bad teams and probably won't beat the upper teams. We are middle tier. And with that being said - considering the roster troubles - Novak has done a SEC Coach of the Year type job.

Stansbury won with only 8 players in 2003-4. Seven really. The bench was weak.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

How can the team even practice with only 8 players?

I suppose you can find 2 more people somewhere to make it 5 on 5.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

We'll see.

One of the beautiful things about sports is . . . you never 17'ing know what might happen once the game begins.

Crazy **** happens all the time.

Sep 15, 2009
Give me a floor coach over a recruiter every day.
In this league? You are not going to get to this level without being able to coach some. Recruiting and managing the talent you have is the name of the game in this league. A floor coach is good enough to get you to the tournament but talent is what gets you to championships.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Stansbury won with only 8 players in 2003-4. Seven really. The bench was weak.

You don't understand what I am saying. When the 5 players on the bench, from what I understand, there are only 3-4 players on the bench for the women.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
After they find the two then it's time to divide up in shirts and skins, right??

Do any boys teams even do shirts/skins anymore?

Bleed, I'm sure you're asking this question in jest, but girls teams typically wear reversable pennies having a dark color and a white oolor at practices.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
They pickup five respectable guys

How can the team even practice with only 8 players?

I suppose you can find 2 more people somewhere to make it 5 on 5.

From the Sanderson to practice against. The tougher competition helps in the real games. They’ve practiced against guys for years.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This is MSU. "CYA" is in the University Operating Policy and Procedure manual

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Do any boys teams even do shirts/skins anymore?

Bleed, I'm sure you're asking this question in jest, but girls teams typically wear reversable pennies having a dark color and a white oolor at practices.

Yea I was showing my age with that one when I was the only white guy playing BB at the city park. Fun times

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login