WBB Coach hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It’s now official. Sam Purcell, Louisville assistant coach.

Last edited:

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
John Cohen doing John Cohen things.
Obviously the talk of interest in our program was vastly overstated.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I mean, he's not even the top assistant at Louisville. We obviously had little interest. Novak was obviously never a real candidate.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I loved how the girls rallied around Novak and I liked how much tougher he had them playing vs NMP but I like this hire. A lot of former Louisville players and ACC network analysts praising this guy and talking about how it’s a home run. NMP had similar praise but brought absolutely no toughness to the program and it showed on the court. Hope we can bring back this elite girls program because it was very fun to watch.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Yo Wilco....if you think Nikki was given any sort of a fair chance here ...you are sadly mistaken. It was embarrassing to see what you keyboard cowboys who never played above church rec league or coached higher than pee we can say anyone is ****** coach ...when we all know the real reason you hated her

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Welp, the bowtie is not a promising start, but I’ll give him a chance.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What I love is all the opinions from folks who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about!!!

Boo yaaaaa!!!

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Yo Wilco....if you think Nikki was given any sort of a fair chance here ...you are sadly mistaken. It was embarrassing to see what you keyboard cowboys who never played above church rec league or coached higher than pee we can say anyone is ****** coach ...when we all know the real reason you hated her

When Nikki was hired everyone was behind her. I don’t remember seeing any negative posts about her anywhere and a lot, including myself, were excited about the brand of offense she was going to bring. She had a very talented roster and it all fell apart in season 1. We lost a lot of games and looked bad doing it. She was brought back and then because of obvious health reasons had to step down and I pray she gets better. I think it’s awesome how she continued to cheer on the team and how she is supportive of the new hire.

So what are your examples of how she was never given a fair chance? I have no idea what other people on this board’s feelings are towards NMP, but you making false and nasty accusations about people’s character without any context or examples is what’s wrong with a lot of our society today. Be better

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
17 that, NMP made one single tweet (which she deleted hours later) saying she was proud of our country for electing the first black female VP and ever since then she lost all support from the Trumpbots never to be gained again. Acting like that isn't exactly what happened is completely disingenuous. I don't expect better though.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

This is bogus. The few folks that were against hiring NMP actually wanted Johnie Harris who just happens to be another black female coach.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
17 that, NMP made one single tweet (which she deleted hours later) saying she was proud of our country for electing the first black female VP and ever since then she lost all support from the Trumpbots never to be gained again. Acting like that isn't exactly what happened is completely disingenuous. I don't expect better though.

not MSU related, but relevant to your comment:

The state of Virginia voted in the first black female Lieutenant Gov. in history and not a peep about it by media, because she is conservative.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Only 2% of the the voters in the democratic primaries voted for Harris ...... bunch of damn "Trumpbots "

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
D61, you are a cancer...not just to this board, but to the whole country. No wonder they kicked you off the other board.

Last edited:

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
not MSU related, but relevant to your comment:

The state of Virginia voted in the first black female Lieutenant Gov. in history and not a peep about it by media, because she is conservative.

What does "not a peep" mean? That election was covered extensively last November. Anyone who gives more than a cursory follow to politics is aware that Republicans flipped a lot of offices in Virginia, including that one by her.

And "first black woman to be lieutenant governor of Virginia" is kind of an obscure thing to become a big national news story, isn't it? How much attention would you expect the "first Hispanic woman attorney general of Washington" or the "first Asian woman treasurer of Wyoming," etc., to get? It's not like almost every state has had plenty of black female lt. govs and it was a big deal that Virginia finally joined the club, nor is it like no state has ever done that before and it's a big deal that one finally did.

Last edited:

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Only 2% of the the voters in the democratic primaries voted for Harris ...... bunch of damn "Trumpbots "

I am a PROUD "Trumpbot", as you like to say. And I would darn sure rather have an administration full of Trumpbots than the hot mess of hot garbage in power now; so called "leaders" who are intent upon destroying this country, and they're doing a damn fine job of it aren't they? How do you feel about $4.00/gallon gasoline, hmmm??

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I am a PROUD "Trumpbot", as you like to say. And I would darn sure rather have an administration full of Trumpbots than the hot mess of hot garbage in power now; so called "leaders" who are intent upon destroying this country, and they're doing a damn fine job of it aren't they? How do you feel about $4.00/gallon gasoline, hmmm??

Aw man, it’s just a coincidence that everything costs nearly twice as much as it did a year ago.**** That awful, fabricated cold coronavirus and the Russians are to blame, again.***

The Dems get power, things go to ****, and they have no CLUE how to handle it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login