We’re going to struggle mightily in …

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Rutgers was a decent team that we beat on the road.
Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

trob115

Jul 5, 2011
Op, I believe we are gonna cause trouble for a lot of SEC teams. We are extremely athletic and bigger than most teams. If we get just enough guard play, we are going to be tough to beat. Keep in mind, we are also without are best player. Oh by the way, he's gonna dress this next game. We will see if Jans gets him any minutes or not.

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Rutgers is a solid team, beat them by 10 at their place essentially. We will be just fine in SEC play

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Why do we have fans who seem to WANT our basketball team to be bad? Is this still some weird Stansbury butt hurt?

The SEC is loaded this year. If we can win 10 conference games we should at least be a 7 seed. I would take that right now.
They hate when state wins in basketball, and laugh hard when they drop one. It’s weird af

Reactions: msugolf and AFDawg

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
They hate when state wins in basketball, and laugh hard when they drop one. It’s weird af
It’s the oddest thing I’ve ever seen. It’s almost as if they think being decent at basketball is competing with football and/or baseball for attention and there’s some deep rooted jealousy. Like a middle child syndrome or something

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Why do we have fans who seem to WANT our basketball team to be bad? Is this still some weird Stansbury butt hurt?

The SEC is loaded this year. If we can win 10 conference games we should at least be a 7 seed. I would take that right now.
It’s because we have a lot of stupid basketball fans who don’t understand the game at all. Runs are part of the game, it’s hard to win on the road and sometimes teams lose games they’re not supposed to. We go behind by five points and the idiots come out of the woodwork.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Nah. I believe it's just that they have seen this movie to many times so they want proof. Kind of like baseball when State lost the first Championship game to Vandy 8-2 on Monday.
winning Tuesday 13-2 and Wednesday 9-0 were quite a shock to the system after that Monday beat down! Good thing it was a 3 game series, huh?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

No, because a lot of the complainers didn't like him either.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
I swear people are downers. That was a good NET win. A double digit win on the road. (Technically a neutral site but IN New Jersey 2 days before Christmas). In which our BACK UP POST PLAYER GOT A DOUBLE DOUBLE.

I think this team is gonna do great things. Jans is tinkering. He's got a conference formula that he's working out. TOLU is itching to get out there and BALL, and we are good if he (or Bell) gets in foul trouble

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
SEC play.
We struggle against fairly decent teams and even against bad teams.
What you need to understand is that the game is a game of attrition. Depth wins games. We will not lead in many games and that's intentional.

We outlast and out work them with more men.

The end. Struggle with that and your anxiety issues

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
I wish there was a stat for average scoring drought. It wouldn't shutup the d umbasses but I bet it wouldn't be that bad.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

This was happening long before Stansbury was around here. It is an annual rite for the Mississippi State basketball fan.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I wish there was a stat for average scoring drought. It wouldn't shutup the d umbasses but I bet it wouldn't be that bad.
The closest I can think of is allowing runs of 10 points or more, aka kill shots. We are top 75 in the country in preventing these. In other words, we are pretty good at avoiding the opponent having a 10-0 run. It doesn't speak to a scoring drought, but if the other team isn't putting together a run, then a drought isn't a killer. As you might expect, we are not as good at putting together kill shots. We are about 175th in the country in having them.

What this doesn't account for is the point in many games where we give up a 15-2 run or a 17-5 one or something like that. Not a kill shot, and not a drought since we scored in that time frame, but a big run nonetheless.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login