We can all thank Mark Keenum

SwampDawg

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, pretty soon we can do away with the illusion the players are student-athletes.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
It's interesting that a positive post that is bigger news than almost anything else on the board gets almost no attention but something negative will have 3 pages of replies.

Thanks Rick for the great story and thanks Dr. Keenum for your leadership and shinning a positive light MSU nationally.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Thanks Rick for the great story and thanks Dr. Keenum for your leadership and shinning a positive light MSU nationally.

Ouch.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
glad we moved to 12 teams. It should have been 16, but probably wouldn't have passed.

I really hope Sankey doesn't change the college football clock rules. I've heard him say he is going to shorten up the number of plays per game to accommodate more games due to the playoff. This is a Net negative for college football fans. I hope the media keeps an eye on this.

was21

May 29, 2007
Maybe he was planning on shortening the number of plays to allow for more commercials but he just didn't say it.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
glad we moved to 12 teams. It should have been 16, but probably wouldn't have passed.

I really hope Sankey doesn't change the college football clock rules. I've heard him say he is going to shorten up the number of plays per game to accommodate more games due to the playoff. This is a Net negative for college football fans. I hope the media keeps an eye on this.

I think they need to shorten up the games. Go to NFL clock rules.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
I think they need to shorten up the games. Go to NFL clock rules.

man, I just don't understand this line of thinking at all. And you got 2 upvotes so people obviously agree with you. The games will be shortened slightly, but there will be much fewer plays.

If you want shorter games, cut halftime from 20 minutes to 15. If they keep a running clock on first downs like the NFL, there will be a ton less plays, same amount of commercials.

Last edited:

Connor Mead

Mar 4, 2014
I really don't think our University has ever been in a better position (not talking about sports). Keenum has done an amazing job since he took over. Average ACT is up, retention rate is among the highest, and most importantly our graduates get hired. We have become a very well respected university (not that we weren't before but much more so now).

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you want to shorten games, cut the damn commercial times down. Maybe do some in game ads instead of more commercials.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login