We could have opted out but I'm glad we didn't

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Yes, we were down a lot of starters but life throws you a curve ball. Back up players found out they better be ready to play. Obviously they weren't. We lost the game and life goes on. Congratulations to TTU for outplaying us in all phases if the game.

Goid life lesson for our "team" and our "fans".

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Thanks, But as a 50+ yr State fan, I'm pretty well stocked with "life lessons"**

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yep. Play the game, whatever happens happens. I'm fine with it.

ETA: Not always bad to have a wake up call for a lot of those younger guys who will have to play next season. Maybe woke the coaches up to some holes we need filled from the portal. If we had blown this game open, and went into the offseason thinking we were good....well....when has that ever worked out for MSU or Leach?

We need to constantly be the underdog.

Last edited:

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Totally agree. State’s lack of depth on defense was on display. As were holes in the o line that affected the offense. Not the team I saw play Kentucky. But with the better -than-expected recruiting class, State has something to build on and that Leach can work with. Yeah I’m still all in with Leach.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Totally agree. State’s lack of depth on defense was on display. As were holes in the o line that affected the offense. Not the team I saw play Kentucky. But with the better -than-expected recruiting class, State has something to build on and that Leach can work with. Yeah I’m still all in with Leach.
And it's like people don't understand that all this builds on itself. The players knew how short-handed they were, so they were less confident, etc. The offense and defense are linked to each other too, if one is bad, hard not to affect the other.

And I do agree with Leach about getting the younger guys experience. Game experience is best. Again, very glad we played and didn't opt out like a bunch of Texas A&M pussies.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I dont blame the D but the first two drives were pitiful. All regulars in the front 7 and got run over like it was Arkansas 2016

Aug 23, 2012
I dont blame the D but the first two drives were pitiful. All regulars in the front 7 and got run over like it was Arkansas 2016

It was worse than pitiful. Looked like we were playing touch football and didn't want to tackle anybody. We have to recruit some SEC D/B's in addition to the defensive linemen. We've got one good D/B, Forbes, and that's all.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login