We didn’t score a TD in the epic Costello game until.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
…something like 7:30 minutes left in the 1st half…most bizarre game ever.

Last edited:

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
I watched the 12:00 minute highlight the other day...

A Mississippi State quarterback sets the SEC single game passing record in Tiger Stadium against the defending national champions....and then played slump buster at home the next week for a team that was 1-23 in SEC games over the previous three seasons. Only Mississippi State. Another reminder from watching that replay - what a complete waste of talent Kylin Hill was.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
A Mississippi State quarterback sets the SEC single game passing record in Tiger Stadium against the defending national champions....and then played slump buster at home the next week for a team that was 1-23 in SEC games over the previous three seasons. Only Mississippi State. Another reminder from watching that replay - what a complete waste of talent Kylin Hill was.

Yeah. I don't think the team is responsible for Kylin's waste of talent.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
A head case who never doubted his own foolish choices. A back like that in this offense is a game changer.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We also had four turnovers in that game including the patented Costello pick 6. That’s the only reason the game was as close as it was.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Watching the replay of this game, so many current starters played significant minutes in the game. We were so young but yet played so well.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That game shows you what Leach can do with real talent. Unfortunately for us, that talent was discombobulated and had the Slophead work ethic. But hey it came together for one game. Costello, Hill, Shavers, etc. looked like legit NFL prospects that day.

I don't know that the guys we have now have that level of talent, but the work ethic and discipline is definitely light years ahead at this point.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Yeah, when Leach was asked about it back then he said he would have been out of coaching a long time ago if that was true.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Arizona played a ton of zone the other night and we put up 39 points and it should have been more without the turnovers. I think we're past dropping 8 shutting down our O.

It just leads to more "boring" methodical drives down the field. Which still baffles me because we have people clamoring for 3 yards and a cloud of dust yet they call Leach's offense boring.

The difference is, 2 years ago, Marks was not gaining yards after first contact and we had zero receivers with YAC capability to beat the zone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login