We got RAT'ed again last night.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dude had a 6.75 ERA and hadn't gone more than 4 innings all season. And we make him look like Cy 17ing Young for 8-1/3 innings. We couldn't hit for sh*t this year. 12th in SEC in doubles, tied for 12th in triples, and 9th in home runs. Even in the afternoon game yesterday, 19 hits and only 3 extra base hits.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Dude had a 6.75 ERA and hadn't gone more than 4 innings all season. And we make him look like Cy 17ing Young for 8-1/3 innings. We couldn't hit for sh*t this year. 12th in SEC in doubles, tied for 12th in triples, and 9th in home runs. Even in the afternoon game yesterday, 19 hits and only 3 extra base hits.
Our hitting makes RATs

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Is Arkansas still in the tournament or did they get put out?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think UVA is just a little better than us
Yes and also we just weren’t a good road team this year. Lost 4 of 5 SEC road series and if not for Hines homer at Vandy when we were down to our last out, we would’ve lost every single road series we played.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Yes and also we just weren’t a good road team this year. Lost 4 of 5 SEC road series and if not for Hines homer at Vandy when we were down to our last out, we would’ve lost every single road series we played.
Good point. Think the thing that most people are frustrated by is that Virginia is solid but beatable.

but we just don’t do enough things well.. and good teams expose our flaws and holes

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

If things had happened differently in those last two innings, I've got a feeling Virginia fans would've felt the same about Pico.

That's not to defend our hitting, but for most of that game they were underperforming their standard much more than we were. Sometimes pitchers just step up in crunch time. The guy was a walk machine a lot this season, but he was all over the plate yesterday. Jay Powell was pretty damn complementary of his control and location.

And as has been said. We knew coming in they were a little better than us, and they proved it.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
If things had happened differently in those last two innings, I've got a feeling Virginia fans would've felt the same about Pico.

That's not to defend our hitting, but for most of that game they were underperforming their standard much more than we were. Sometimes pitchers just step up in crunch time. The guy was a walk machine a lot this season, but he was all over the plate yesterday. Jay Powell was pretty damn complementary of his control and location.

And as has been said. We knew coming in they were a little better than us, and they proved it.
The problem is that didn’t happen a lot over the course of the uva season… and they found a way to win…

Us getting shut down by a sub par arm has happened way too often over the last 3 seasons

But both starters threw well yesterday. They both deserve a little credit without question

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
They are. The sec was very top heavy this year. It’s showing
Excited Lets Go GIF

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
He also walked a batter per inning, and I think we only had one free pass last night.

Reactions: patdog

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
bul1shit - we made every midweek picther this weekend look like an all star.

Reactions: patdog

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
The guy we faced was a Team USA pitcher throwing mid-90s with a good breaking ball. The stuff is good. The issue for him this year has been command. Last night his command happened to be good, especially with his breaking ball.

So while, yes, an argument can be made our hitting helped him out, let’s not pretend it was all about our hitting. The way he pitched last night would have given a lot of teams fits. Last night was more about him having a good game than our bats having a bad night.

Reactions: She Mate Me

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Pico was also a RAT.

Play that game in Starkville and we win.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
13 1-run losses this year. It’s the season of what could’ve been.
wow, didn't realize it was that many. Told my son when I was venting Sunday that this team easily could have won 3-4 more games and been hosting.

If I counted right, we were 6-10 during regular season in 1 run games. If you could flip those it would have put us at 40-15 regular season... which is about as good as it gets.

sweep air force
win 1 vs. austin peay
win 1 of the 2 we blew in the final innings at florida
win the extra inning game at ole miss

It's a completely different season

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
wow, didn't realize it was that many. Told my son when I was venting Sunday that this team easily could have won 3-4 more games and been hosting.

If I counted right, we were 6-10 during regular season in 1 run games. If you could flip those it would have put us at 40-15 regular season... which is about as good as it gets.

sweep air force
win 1 vs. austin peay
win 1 of the 2 we blew in the final innings at florida
win the extra inning game at ole miss

It's a completely different season

I'm with you on this, but it's easy in an exercise like this to forget the ones we did win late. A few of those too. Last Ole Miss game and Hunter's winning bomb at Vandy come to mind first.

We were definitely on the short end of close games too often. Early it seemed to be mostly relief pitching, but the lack of offense was a culprit often.

Reactions: kired and patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Would it have made a difference in the 7th if the umpire correctly calls a ball and Mershon walks on a 4-0 count like he should have? I say yes, bases loaded with one out. Less pressure on Dakota with Hines on deck. I think that was the real difference in the game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login