We got the outcome we deserved tonight...

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Just a poorly played game all around:

Two guys on second with no outs don't score them

Same pitiful base running we've seen all year

Inexplicable coaching decisions like pulling pitchers who are rolling (mainly talking about Black here)

I hate it for Pico tonight. Pitched his tail off.

I hate it for guys like Jordan, Hines, and Mershon who will never get to experience Omaha or a Super at the Dude.

Let's hope the portal is good to us, because if it isn't next year is going to be ugly.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Just a poorly played game all around:

Two guys on second with no outs don't score them

Same pitiful base running we've seen all year

Inexplicable coaching decisions like pulling pitchers who are rolling (mainly talking about Black here)

I hate it for Pico tonight. Pitched his tail off.

I hate it that guys like Jordan, Hines, and Mershon who will never get to experience Omaha or a Super at the Dude.

Let's hope the portal is good to us, because if it isn't next year is going to be ugly.
2 runners thrown out at 2nd base unnecessarily. 17 innings vs mediocre UVA pitching and we’ve had exactly 2 at bats where we drove in a run. Inexcusable.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
By all accounts, we’ll be losing Stephen, Cijintje, Auger, Davis, Schulke, Larry, DJ, Hines, Hujsak, Kohler, Powell, and Long.

Best case, Lemonis finds us a couple half decent arms and maybe 1-2 guys that can hit .250 against SEC pitching, but this year was supposed to be the up year, and next season is going to be rough

patdog

May 28, 2007
By all accounts, we’ll be losing Stephen, Cijintje, Auger, Davis, Schulke, Larry, DJ, Hines, Hujsak, Kohler, Powell, and Long.

Best case, Lemonis finds us a couple half decent arms and maybe 1-2 guys that can hit .250 against SEC pitching, but this year was supposed to be the up year, and next season is going to be rough
We lose both catchers (no real loss), probably Mershon, Larry. It’s gonna be a complete rebuild. Could get ugly.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009

So Mershon will be our power bat.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why these guys flushed 15+ years of fundamentals down the *******. Lemonis is back on the hot seat in my opinion. That’s a very average Virginia team and we looked absolutely lost.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
We lose both catchers (no real loss), probably Mershon, Larry. It’s gonna be a complete rebuild. Could get ugly.
I’m already 90% checked out, but if we lose Mershon too, I’ll just see y’all in ‘26

Reactions: 17itdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We actually did a good job for eight innings of holding the top hitting baseball team on the road. We just did a really piss poor job supporting our pitchers and they finally gave out.
We were playing a team tonight that was in the CWS last year. They were the better team but we played them close in two games. I thought it was appropriate that we lost both games in the 9th like we did a few during the season. This team and coaching staff gave it their best and we had a good season.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Mershon is probably back. Along with chance. And highfill.

everything else is gone.
I know it’s cool to dump on Lemonis, especially tonight, and he can’t recruit, etc., but he did replace Forsythe with Mershon.

TilloDwg

Aug 25, 2012
Although unlikely, we could get Hines, Mershon, andn another draft eligible guy I've forgotten back, along with Highfill and Cupp from injury, plus a couple of other freshmen in the mix if they don't transfer, and we'll have some assemblance of a team. Kohn looks like the early leader for the Friday slot, too.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
We were playing a team tonight that was in the CWS last year. They were the better team but we played them close in two games. I thought it was appropriate that we lost both games in the 9th like we did a few during the season. This team and coaching staff gave it their best and we had a good season.
🖕🏻17 that…

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
🤦‍♂️👎🤦‍♂️👎

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login