We have major basketball problems. Team not gelling with Tulu back.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
We are in February now. Lost Murphy, Fort, and now Tulu is a liability. I don’t know what the answers are but we ALWAYS look better offensively when we don’t force the offense through Tulu.

Defensively, we are no longer consistent. Every road game has been bad.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We are in February now. Lost Murphy, Fort, and now Tulu is a liability. I don’t know what the answers are but we ALWAYS look better offensively when we don’t force the offense through Tulu.

It isn't February, Fort is on the team, and the guy's name is spelled T O L U.

F17S.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Tolu is a “liability” that a ton of teams would love to have. Lighten up. He had a bad game. Move on to Bama.

Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They hit everything they threw up there. I thought the guys played well. The pukes were just hot. Shot the lights out on us. I'm sure we will get them at the Hump. And as far as Tolu goes they had some length advantages. It was a very entertaining game for sure

Reactions: FlotownDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We scored 82 points. The problem was defense. We allowed OM to take 50% more 3s than their average.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Guys it is basketball. Both of the last two games it came down to who could hit the big shot. Hubbard hit a big 3 against Auburn that basically sealed the game. Murray hit a big 3 tonight for OM that put them up 4 with less than a minute to play.

We could easily be 2-0 had the bounces gone right in the last 2 mins of the game, but we could have also very easily have been 0-2. 1-1 is OK.

Us getting into the tournament is an uber successful season this year. Not sure how or why expectations are higher than that. We just need to keep piling up wins, because despite what is floating around, we need a good finish or we are going to find ourselves on the wrong side of the bubble

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Both the Bama and OM games came down to not making clutch free throws. We make our free throws late and it’s very possible we win both those games and are ranked in the top 25 and sitting around a 6 seed. But we didn’t. Have to make hay against the back half of our schedule, when it really eases up. Need to go 7-2, 6-3 at the absolute minimum. The only for sure loss I see in the second half is at Auburn. I really think we can beat Kentucky at home this year. We also have revenge home games against OM and SC. If we’re a good teams we will win those games.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Both the Bama and OM games came down to not making clutch free throws. We make our free throws late and it’s very possible we win both those games and are ranked in the top 25 and sitting around a 6 seed. But we didn’t. Have to make hay against the back half of our schedule, when it really eases up. Need to go 7-2, 6-3 at the absolute minimum. The only for sure loss I see in the second half is at Auburn. I really think we can beat Kentucky at home this year. We also have revenge home games against OM and SC. If we’re a good teams we will win those games.

We have 0 road wins. We are the only team in the Net top 65 without a true road win. Its a bad bad look for a resume.

Road games left @ Alabama, @ Mizzou, @ LSU, @ Texas AM, @ Auburn-- Alabama and Auburn are elite at home. LSU beat this ole miss team at home, Texas AM beat Kentucky at home-- We'll be dogs in all 4 of those games. Sizeable ones at Auburn and Alabama.

Kentucky at home--- We have 10 conference games left-- we'll be underdogs in 5 of them. 8-2 is a tough ask. 6-4 is what i'd hope for. That would put us at 9-11 in the conference and 20-11 overall, and likely on the right side of the bubble. Anything less than that are we are probably on the outside looking in

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

We have 0 road wins. We are the only team in the Net top 65 without a true road win. Its a bad bad look for a resume.

Road games left @ Alabama, @ Mizzou, @ LSU, @ Texas AM, @ Auburn-- Alabama and Auburn are elite at home. LSU beat this ole miss team at home, Texas AM beat Kentucky at home-- We'll be dogs in all 4 of those games. Sizeable ones at Auburn and Alabama.

Kentucky at home--- We have 10 conference games left-- we'll be underdogs in 5 of them. 8-2 is a tough ask. 6-4 is what i'd hope for. That would put us at 9-11 in the conference and 20-11 overall, and likely on the right side of the bubble. Anything less than that are we are probably on the outside looking in
FAHR JANZ

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016

We gotta go 6-1 in our next 7 or we are out of tourney.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019

Damn good thing there's no road games in the NCAAs I guess

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
We’re fighting for our lives against tournament teams. Our schedule really lightens up after Bama this weekend.

We’re fine.
I agree, give Ole Miss credit, they shot lights out and gave max effort. Good ballgame!

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Damn good thing there's no road games in the NCAAs I guess
True but if we are 0-10 or 1-9 in true road games.. we'll have to win probably 2 games in the SEC tournament to make the big dance.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
If we go 6-1, that would put us at 9-6 with AT Auburn, AT Texas A&M, and then South Carolina at home. We could lose out and be fine. We all know we aren’t beating Texas A&M and Auburn on the road. We SHOULD beat South Carolina at home. Should.

We aren’t getting in the tourney at 8-10.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
What game yall watching? We put up a ton of points. Missed layups, turnovers, and free throws hurt and it was still close.
Meaning Of Life Glass Half Full GIF by Barbara Pozzi

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I hope you are doing better now than you were last night.
Our MVP these past two games is Matthews. When he plays without getting his two dumb fouls a game he is a beast.

One could argue he is our team MVP.

Biggest positive takeaway from last night is Moore and Davis. Davis has now made a total of 4 3 pointers since SEC play started. 2 were last night. All we need are 3 (maybe 4 on a good night) 3 pointers a game from guys not named Hubbard and we are gonna be tough. Caveat…we gotta get our D back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login