We just played like crap.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Reminded me a lot of the lsu game. It’s a shame the offense sputters so much until the 4th qtr. we won’t always be able to come back like auburn. Comebacks are awesome but I would like to see the offense come out and execute. Not sure why they played liked crap for this game. Part of me thinks it’s the way they approach the game and try to treat it like any other game when it’s not. Preshow they they talked about that some. I just think that was a mistake. We had two weeks to prepare for this game and we just flat out didn’t execute at all.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
This is a game we needed things to click early.

4 chances to score early, and we got 6 points from 2-for-4 FG kicking. If we even did a halfway decent job finishing drives in the half, that game goes down to the wire at worst. If we go into the half with, say, 17 points, that's a completely different ballgame.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The first half was strange in that we looked unstoppable between the 20’s and then totally self destructed in the red zone, and I didn’t feel like OM did much to cause it.

Second half was just rough. We reverted to our 2020 selves for about half of this game and OM was too good of a team to be able to survive that against.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
There were 3 games this year, we were basically the other team’s Super Bowl. Memphis, UPig and Ole Miss.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Now the secret to stopping us is break our momentum and rhythm instead of dropping 8

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Netting 6 when you could have scored 28

4 chances to score early, and we got 6 points from 2-for-4 FG kicking. If we even did a halfway decent job finishing drives in the half, that game goes down to the wire at worst. If we go into the half with, say, 17 points, that's a completely different ballgame.

Not a recipe for winning games. We beat ourselves tonight. 28 points were there for the taking in the first half tonight. We got 6. It happens. Not happy about it. We did it to ourselves. We must learn from it and be better next season. No use dwelling on it at this point.

Oak23

Nov 28, 2014
It does seem to me that when the offense doesn’t work it has more to do with self destruction than the opposing team. Am I right? Because if true then that’s a real possible fix. I could also see where experience would mean a huge amount running it.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
My question for that is what is our Super Bowl? I think one of our problems is not getting up for games. We rarely play with urgency until we are Theo to three scores behind. We should play with a damn tails on fire every game

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
It does seem to me that when the offense doesn’t work it has more to do with self destruction than the opposing team. Am I right? Because if true then that’s a real possible fix. I could also see where experience would mean a huge amount running it.

I would say that has been the case in our games this year other than Bama. But, the dropped passes have nothing to do with experience. Most players over Jr. High catch the three at the end of the half. Polk’s would have been a tremendous catch.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login