We just went west and survived PAC-12 after dark

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I suffered for my team. Not accustomed to late nights. Glad I did. Ducking catch and dance was worth the missed rest. Hail State!!

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Was it pretty? No. But Im pretty sure those last couple of SEC teams that tried it and lost would have loved an ugly win.

I stayed up for the whole thing and it was a weird game. Felt like we dominated the first half and should have been up by at least 17 of not more. Second half felt like we played pretty ****** and close to even with them but pulled away.

Definitely thought we had set ourselves up for something screwy with all the stupid mistakes but worked out fine.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I suffered for my team. Not accustomed to late nights. Glad I did. Ducking catch and dance was worth the missed rest. Hail State!!

Yes it was. I like what Will said about the receiver fumbles and that play put an exclamation point on it.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I agree with all of that. I think part of it was the broadcast too. Getting their home/regional feed will definitely make it feel less compelling if you are the road team. I was excited at game time and then it quickly felt like watching a homecoming game.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
That PAC12 After Dark was way overrated. Our crowd after the rain delay last week was more electric then AZ’s last night.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
PirateDawg said:
I like what Will said about the receiver fumbles and that play put an exclamation point on it.
You gonna just sit on what he said or you gonna share with the rest of us?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
The strong finish was nice. Two fourth quarter touchdowns and shutting out Arizona in the fourth was a welcome change. It had all the ingredients for heartbreak but this team pressed harder on the gas and got it done.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If Ducking doesn’t take his eye off the pass that was intercepted we win by 35+. Ducking and Calvin’s turnovers were momentum killers.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah, but we didn’t have a fan bending over the railing looking like she wanted to rip out someone’s throat while her boyfriend was standing directly behind her like something was going on.***

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
That PAC12 After Dark was way overrated. Our crowd after the rain delay last week was more electric then AZ’s last night.

^^^THIS^^^ I've seen better atmospheres at high school games. Even with the crowd that was there, the only times the stadium was loud was piped in noise and their band both blasting over the PA. And, speaking of the piped-in, amplified noise and their band, we would have gotten more than a dozen penalties for Cowbell use if we behaved like they did last night. There were times the PA noise was still blaring after we snapped the ball.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The strong finish was nice. Two fourth quarter touchdowns and shutting out Arizona in the fourth was a welcome change. It had all the ingredients for heartbreak but this team pressed harder on the gas and got it done.
Yeah, because they played “Don’t Stop Believin”

Captain Ron

Aug 22, 2012
Mjoelner;[URL="tel:2066159" said:
2066159[/URL]]^^^THIS^^^ I've seen better atmospheres at high school games. Even with the crowd that was there, the only times the stadium was loud was piped in noise and their band both blasting over the PA. And, speaking of the piped-in, amplified noise and their band, we would have gotten more than a dozen penalties for Cowbell use if we behaved like they did last night. There were times the PA noise was still blaring after we snapped the ball.

I was thinking the same thing. The band, music etc was all playing long after the center was over the ball.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login