We know football playoff expansion is coming....

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....and thus a new scheduling format of some sort. Question I have is do you think whatever divisional format we use in the SEC.....will it apply to all 3 major men's sports? Or different division setups for each sport? I hear football this and football that,, but the fact remains baseball will be the first sport starting in 2024. So here is OK and TX ready to go with baseball in the SEC and with less than a year to go. Something is gonna have to give soon. I would think we should know how baseball will be divided up by the end of the year or sooner. Hopefully a lot sooner. Any ideas?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
but the fact remains baseball will be the first sport starting in 2024.

Academic Year-- not Calendar Year.

Texas & Oklahoma won't be SEC members until the start of the 2024 - 2025 academic year on July 1, 2024.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
....and thus a new scheduling format of some sort. Question I have is do you think whatever divisional format we use in the SEC.....will it apply to all 3 major men's sports? Or different division setups for each sport? I hear football this and football that,, but the fact remains baseball will be the first sport starting in 2024. So here is OK and TX ready to go with baseball in the SEC and with less than a year to go. Something is gonna have to give soon. I would think we should know how baseball will be divided up by the end of the year or sooner. Hopefully a lot sooner. Any ideas?
Don't see any reason why we couldn't have something similar, like 1-3 permanents or whatever. However the math works. But there won't be divisions. There already are none in basketball.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think divisions in the SEC are dead in all sports when OK & Tex join. 1-3 permanent opponents and rotate the rest.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login