We may have to boycott the entire NFL!***

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sooner than we think NFL games will all be pay per view.

It's can't miss television.
I don't see any asterisks so I'll say, "Hardly". After decades of stretched out prone on a couch from noon til 6:00 most every Sunday I gave it up cold turkey during Covid and the "take a knee" BS and haven't gone back. I haven't seen one play of one NFL game since '20 and haven't missed it at all

Disgusted Design GIF

Last edited:

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
The NFL has gone woke and is going broke, amirite? I mean, it's doing fine and has the top rated shows on TV. So much for the boycott. I remember seeing some nitwits selling boycott the NFL stuff a few years ago at some event in Biloxi. They were pretty pissed. They also didn't matter and I suspect a lot of the issues they support matter only to a few bitter people like them.

Reactions: StateCollege

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It will not break my heart if it all goes PPV. I will tune in every once in a while.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I don't see any asterisks so I'll say, "Hardly". After decades of stretched out prone on a couch from noon til 6:00 most every Sunday I gave it up cold turkey during Covid and the "take a knee" BS and haven't gone back. I haven't seen one play of one NFL game since '20 and haven't missed it at all
You sure showed them!

Reactions: dorndawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You sure showed them!
I wasn't attempting to "show them" anything, only showing the OP that not everybody is a slave to the NFL and tv, nothing more nothing less. Try harder next time, maybe at least some relavent constructive criticism rather than just blurting out a statement that has nothing to with the original post. Looks like my post has 5 6 too so evidently I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I have four daughters and a wife. They all hate football. They tolerate me watching college football. Watching football on Sundays would be a bridge too far.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Sooner than we think NFL games will all be pay per view.

It's can't miss television.
I don’t think that will happen anytime soon. Advertisers have to know that with DVRs and skipping commercials, live television is at a premium. Unless the whole model for network television goes away I don’t see NFL moving solely off of them. It looks like the NFL brings in 6 billion in ad revenue. I’m sure there are a lot of people that are diehard enough to purchase PPV, but there are a lot of casual fans that absolutely would not. I don’t think their would be enough to create the same revenue.

Reactions: dorndawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don’t think that will happen anytime soon. Advertisers have to know that with DVRs and skipping commercials, live television is at a premium. Unless the whole model for network television goes away I don’t see NFL moving solely off of them. It looks like the NFL brings in 6 billion in ad revenue. I’m sure there are a lot of people that are diehard enough to purchase PPV, but there are a lot of casual fans that absolutely would not. I don’t think their would be enough to create the same revenue.
They have both PPV and live tv right now so they are getting revenue from both.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Taylor Swift is a CIA/FBI psy op and the NFL is on it. She's gonna endorse Biden right after Chiefs win the SuperBowl and he's gonna take away our shotguns and gas stoves and make us all get Covid boosters after stealing another election. Wake Up Sheeple!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The NFL has gone woke and is going broke, amirite? I mean, it's doing fine and has the top rated shows on TV. So much for the boycott. I remember seeing some nitwits selling boycott the NFL stuff a few years ago at some event in Biloxi. They were pretty pissed. They also didn't matter and I suspect a lot of the issues they support matter only to a few bitter people like them.
Yeah and biggest thing is that they never went woke. They handled all the political stuff about as good as you can.

But hey, they put the anti-racism slogans in the endzone. Oh the horror****

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Yeah and biggest thing is that they never went woke. They handled all the political stuff about as good as you can.

But hey, they put the anti-racism slogans in the endzone. Oh the horror, right?
I wish they'd do more. Maybe some "End Murder". "Stop Carjacking." "Take care of your kids" "Study, read books and do well in school" slogans too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login