We may have us a basketball program, fellas…

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
I’ve watched as many of Jans’ games this season as I watched of Howland’s’ last two or three combined.

UAPB hung in there with TCU (1-point loss in OT) and Okie. We’re up 27-14 in the 1st.
What year does it feel like?

Reactions: SoulCatcher

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
You’ll be back…

Moaning about coaching and the team…

Jonathan Groff Hamilton GIF by Vulture.com

I kid.

Slightly.

I want a larger sample size before I make any tentative thoughts though.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Playing aggressive and exciting basketball.
They take a minute to get going but when they get rolling it’s really fun to watch.
had tens of fans cheering them on today

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I’ve watched as many of Jans’ games this season as I watched of Howland’s’ last two or three combined.

UAPB hung in there with TCU (1-point loss in OT) and Okie. We’re up 27-14 in the 1st.
So, you've watched 2 games for the last 3 seasons of Howland? This statement alone negates any sort of comparison you can make on this platform. Thanks for trying.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I'm extremely excited for where it appears we are headed with Jans. He's got us playing tough defense, rebounding and attacking inside since we absolutely cannot shoot. We need to temper expectations this year as we're going to get beaten by teams with more talent quite a few times. But I believe teams are going to see us up next on the schedule and say aw crap because we're going to put you in a meat grinder for 40 minutes.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I know we’ve got South Dakota on Thursday first, but I’m really curious to see what we do in the Fort Myers tourney next week. Open with Marquette and then play either Utah or Georgia Tech. You go 2-0 or 1-1 out there and I’m gonna start getting pretty wooly.

I can already tell that Jans is a far better in game coach than Howland ever was. Recruiting may determine just how successful his tenure is, but this guy can flat out coach. I think people are going to hate playing us. Not that we will win every night but we will annoy the heck out of a lot of teams.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You’ll be back…

Moaning about coaching and the team…

Jonathan Groff Hamilton GIF by Vulture.com

I kid.

Slightly.

I want a larger sample size before I make any tentative thoughts though.
17 That. I in no way think Howland woulda started this way 3 games in. We've stomped the schit outta 3 good teams straight outta the gate. This isn't an older guy being bought outta retirement we hired; Jans was kickin' a$$ when we hired him and has a history of kickin' A$$. No Need to not be Jacked and Syked Now.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
For what it’s worth, we started the Howland era 1-3 with a loss to a SWAC team. I know you can blame Rick Ray’s roster for some of those issues but a team with Sword, Ware, Weatherspoon, Newman, and Ready should never lose to the likes of Southern U and Missouri-Kansas City.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
I love watching the way we are using Cam Mathews. Just watching this team play with intensity and a coach that matches said intensity is a beautiful site to see.
Defense is the first priority of this team, and with that will be tons of intensity. Watching a few of Jans coaching clips online, one can see he doesn't mess around. No faves, just produce.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’m gonna create a new alter: “eckie2”. Then, I’ll be able to leave frowny faces from eckie2 (a la your alter @MagnoliaHunter ) while trolling your dumb *** with “eckie1”.

Thanks for the ideas, Karen!

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
This is like two different threads got merged into each other somehow. One has people discussing the first three games of a new MSU basketball coach and the other is a couple of 12 year olds slinging dumb insults at each other.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login