We need some lineman but…

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We will just throw it quickly to the RB in the flats......ya know.....the Leach way.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
He has won a total of zero football games, but this recruiting weekend can be considered nothing shy of a total success. If he does well in the portal as well color me ecstatic. Once again, he hasn’t won a single game, but you can’t win games without players. He appears to be doing pretty well at step one.

Dogdazey

Nov 16, 2012
He has won a total of zero football games, but this recruiting weekend can be considered nothing shy of a total success. If he does well in the portal as well color me ecstatic. Once again, he hasn’t won a single game, but you can’t win games without players. He appears to be doing pretty well at step one.
This has a certain feel to it that happened many years ago when we hired an offensive coordinator with some respect on his name. That turned out pretty well for us, hopefully it happens again. We definitely need to recruit the ugly's with as much flair as the skill positions and see what happens.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
We need a center which we have found. We have the rest of the OL. We need a couple of DL tho.
I can't keep up with eligibility with COVID and redshirts. Who do we have coming back that played a decent amount? I certainly didn't think we had four guys coming back that we could pencil in as starters (other than by default).

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Percy Lewis 6'8 345 Grant Jackson 6'6 325 Canon Boone 6'4 305 Albert Reese 6'7 320 Leon Bell 6'8 325. But they are trying to sign a true center from the portal. The other 4 have played some. There are also some Freshmen and RS freshmen but of course they are not ready. This is my guess LT across to RT

Last edited:

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
We need a center which we have found. We have the rest of the OL. We need a couple of DL tho.
Going to have to disagree with you here Rupert, who is the rest of the O line ? I like Reese, he was completely screwed over by Friend.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Going to have to disagree with you here Rupert, who is the rest of the O line ? I like Reese, he was completely screwed over by Friend.
Look up about 4 posts and I have a list of lineman who played some last year. All except Boone. We need Miner for that spot. Back ups are very slim tho

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Look up about 4 posts and I have a list of lineman who played some last year. All except Boone. We need Miner for that spot. Back ups are very slim tho

I think you have to bring in some more O,lineman talent, some of those you listed won’t pan out as starters. Reese should be really good if the O,line coach is worth a darn

Reactions: patdog

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I think you have to bring in some more O,lineman talent, some of those you listed won’t pan out as starters. Reese should be really good if the O,line coach is worth a darn
Maybe not but those 4 played a lot last year during their ridiculous rotation plan on the line. Remember we had 2 OL coaches and they thought rotating the line would keep them fresh ?? Dumbest thing I ever heard of. They are better than you think. They do need better coaching tho. They are huge dudes and a little coaching goes a long way.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Maybe not but those 4 played a lot last year during their ridiculous rotation plan on the line. Remember we had 2 OL coaches and they thought rotating the line would keep them fresh ?? Dumbest thing I ever heard of. They are better than you think. They do need better coaching tho. They are huge dudes and a little coaching goes a long way.
They were horribly coached , probably the worst o line coaching in the country, but I think we need to add some O lineman, some D lineman, edge rushers, Lb, safety , corners, tight ends, receivers, another qb, maybe one more rb.....and some new media,people. that’s going to add up $$$

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
They were horribly coached , probably the worst o line coaching in the country, but I think we need to add some O lineman, some D lineman, edge rushers, Lb, safety , corners, tight ends, receivers, another qb, maybe one more rb.....and some new media,people. that’s going to add up $$$
Right. If we try to add all that we gonna come up way short. We can't buy a new team. TE, DBs and DL are a necessity. I mean Raydar Jones, Khamouri Rogers Brice Pollock and Isaac Smith are back and Jakobi Albert will be back from injury I suppose. But still need some. I would say TE DL and a good center are mandatory tho.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Right. If we try to add all that we gonna come up way short. We can't buy a new team. TE, DBs and DL are a necessity. I mean Raydar Jones, Khamouri Rogers Brice Pollock and Isaac Smith are back and Jakobi Albert will be back from injury I suppose. But still need some. I would say TE DL and a good center are mandatory tho.
lebby is about offense, you can’t run anything or keep the qb alive if you don’t have an O line. I expect he got his center and will sign a guard and tackle. Reese can be a stud.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If you go across those players in the order I listed them they have played in 25 games, 35 games, 9 games, 17 games and 3 games

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
If you go across those players in the order I listed them they have played in 25 games, 35 games, 9 games, 17 games and 3 games
Half of Percy Lewis’s games were pretty much just playing on the xp/FG unit.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
He can kick too.
drunk baby fail GIF

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Percy Lewis 6'8 345 Grant Jackson 6'6 325 Canon Boone 6'4 305 Albert Reese 6'7 320 Leon Bell 6'8 325. But they are trying to sign a true center from the portal. The other 4 have played some. There are also some Freshmen and RS freshmen but of course they are not ready. This is my guess LT across to RT
Hopefully the new O Line coach will know what he is doing unlike the last one, The O line never looked ready to play.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login