We need the Elon Musks....

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
Elon Musk says Twitter does not allow free speech. Buys 9%. Twitterverse minions go berserk, say it's disgusting.

Musk decides he wants to offer a cash purchase of the entire thing. Heads explode.

Out of nowhere, the Saudis voice their opposition to the sale.

Wait, the Saudis own a portion of Twitter? Twitterverse starts imploding.

Twitter holds employees meeting. Whining ensues. Twitterverse defends Saudis, hunts down Musk.

He laughs.

This is so.....appro pro. It's about time someone interjected a little openness into the "townsquare."

Last edited:

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Elon Musk says Twitter does not allow free speech. Buys 9%. Twitterverse minions go berserk, say it's disgusting.

Musk decides he wants to offer a cash purchase of the entire thing. Heads explode.

Twitter holds employees meeting. Whining ensues. Twitterverse defends Saudis, hunts down Musk.

He laughs.

This is so.....appro pro. It's about time someone interjected a little openness into the "townsquare."

Bozo owns the Washington Post - no problem. But Musk can't own twitter. Double standards now rule the world.

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
Go Elon!!! I don’t support biased media - mainstream or social. He would make it fair but the liberals only want you to hear their usual absurd points of view. They loved him for Tesla but shows how quickly the left will turn on you. They don’t believe in free speech anymore - a sad commentary on the state of affairs.

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Go Elon!!! I don’t support biased media - mainstream or social. He would make it fair but the liberals only want you to hear their usual absurd points of view. They loved him for Tesla but shows how quickly the left will turn on you. They don’t believe in free speech anymore - a sad commentary on the state of affairs.
Musk has them cornered and what do you think happens - of course the gov't steps in with SEC and DOJ investigations. Liberal BS!!:mad:

Reactions: York cock

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022

He laughs.

Exactly! Hopefully this thread stays in bounds and doesn't get yanked or locked. One would think that despite our current state of division most could agree that censorship has not worked out well historically. There are rumblings from some finacial talking heads that a couple of foreign sovereign wealth funds are monitoring the situation and may issue white knight counterbids. If this does actually happen, political lenses should be cast aside and everyone should wake up. Allowing a foreign country to control what is essentially our town square just so Elon Musk cannot buy it under normal rules of capitalism would not be good.

Reactions: York cock

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
I love what he’s doing. He is showing how easily people are swayed with only minor pandering. He’s literally been trying to make everyone in the world drive an electric car for years now (to the delight of liberals and the chagrin of conservatives and their love of combustion engines and crude oil), and then he makes a minor play about Twitter (and now he’s a conservative hero and liberals are up in arms).

If you have real, strong feelings about anything he does - you should probably sit out voting from now on. You’re the problem.

Taco73

Feb 6, 2022
It funny how the older liberals are now the new conservative.

Cocky Jeff

Joined Jan 30, 2003
Jan 22, 2022
Don’t feel bad. He’s over most heads
😂 I’m not a politics guy so I have no idea on any of his life doings. I just see smart, rich, successful. It’s amazing how most are judged these days on political views. Thanks for making me look him up. Seems very fascinating.

Reactions: IOPGCock

Cocky99

Jan 27, 2022
Currently Twitter censors anyone they catch challenging leftwing political narratives. They even banned a US President over it. I never had a Twitter account and probably never will.

Last edited:

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Currently Twitter censors anyone who disagrees with leftwing political narratives. They even banned a US President over it. I never had a Twitter account and probably never will.

Very few Americans actually use Twitter - at least on a percentage of the whole basis. I thought Trump was rolling out his own social media to provide his unfiltered point of view. I thought it was up and running.

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
Musk is exposing the left lean on the platforms. They are about to be exposed badly.

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
I love what he’s doing. He is showing how easily people are swayed with only minor pandering. He’s literally been trying to make everyone in the world drive an electric car for years now (to the delight of liberals and the chagrin of conservatives and their love of combustion engines and crude oil), and then he makes a minor play about Twitter (and now he’s a conservative hero and liberals are up in arms).

If you have real, strong feelings about anything he does - you should probably sit out voting from now on. You’re the problem.
To the delight of some liberals. Remember the current admin did not invite Tesla to the WH meeting about EV. Why? Unions? iDk. And remember before Twitter several SNL cast members sat out the week he hosted in protest.

It’s insane. Despite anyone’s stance on Ukraine one person l, Elon, is doing more than anyone. Providing his satellites for free to keep as much internet running as possible.

but a certain media network is now attaching him to Orange Man voters. I mean….

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Currently Twitter censors anyone they catch challenging leftwing political narratives. They even banned a US President over it. I never had a Twitter account and probably never will.
Recently, this week, they suspended an account that literally only reposts TikTok videos. No commentary at all, just you posted it, they repost it. But because they look insane and had lots of followers…suspended.

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
Very few Americans actually use Twitter - at least on a percentage of the whole basis. I thought Trump was rolling out his own social media to provide his unfiltered point of view. I thought it was up and running.
You are correct in terms of percentages. However in terms of the spread of real time info, Twitter bleeds into FB, Insta, TikTok and major news sites. The influence is larger than the user base.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
You are correct in terms of percentages. However in terms of the spread of real time info, Twitter bleeds into FB, Insta, TikTok and major news sites. The influence is larger than the user base.
This is so true. Twitter users who are human and post continuously are a small, small % of the American population. Yet, major news outlets let the platform structure their approach to the news. Elon Musk and most of us know that breaking this blanket of major outlets censoring certain viewpoints starts with the main focal point, which is Twitter. He would not be wasting his time otherwise.

Reactions: IOPGCock

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022
Musk is also exposing the “right” or Rebuplicans In Nane Only. This is not a Dem v GOP battle, it’s a corrupted system battle.
They are all in on it but it's tech companies that lean left and there is no denying it now. Deep State is being exposed.

Reactions: Prestonite

IOPGCock

Jan 30, 2022
They are all in on it but it's tech companies that lean left and there is no denying it now. Deep State is being exposed.
I don’t disagree. The question though is it leaning left when more than a few in the “right” are lockstep? Or is it something else? IDK.

I went to USC originally on a J School scholarship in 97. Even then, to your point, there was an “accepted” viewpoint.

In 98 I was still in the J School but also filling out my electives. Took a Political Science class. Just so happened to be in the Monica scandal,

Poly Sci was fascinating. Dissecting every part of it. J School class was literally if you were WH press Secretary how would you minimize the damage. I swear to whatever you want to swear to that happened and that was 24 years ago.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login