We now have tropical storm Idalia

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Current forecast is for it to be a category one at landfall, but seeing some suggestions it may undergo rapid intensification as it moves towards FL.

If you're willing, do us a favor and like and and share the link below and consider giving the page a follow. It's completely free to you, but helps our monthly bonus.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Current forecast is for it to be a category one at landfall, but seeing some suggestions it may undergo rapid intensification as it moves towards FL.

If you're willing, do us a favor and like and and share the link below and consider giving the page a follow. It's completely free to you, but helps our monthly bonus.

Surprised it's only projected to be a category 1. I know water temperature isn't all there is to it, but still would have thought anything crossing the gulf at this point would be stronger thanthat.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Surprised it's only projected to be a category 1. I know water temperature isn't all there is to it, but still would have thought anything crossing the gulf at this point would be stronger thanthat.
I honestly expect it will be stronger. I just don't know how much.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015

Done

Reactions: Hugh's Burner Phone

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The spaghetti tracks are amazingly consistent for a storm that far out, strength forecasts almost as consistant too. I guess that's a consequence of that high pressure dome, driving it in a clear path. And then with that pretty clear in the model, the strength forecasts get clearer too.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I honestly expect it will be stronger. I just don't know how much.
I do too. Granted I am further west than the projected landfall, but last night I went outside around midnight and there was not a breath of air and the air felt like hurricane juice.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Except hate level crime of heat with no power. I may be wrong, but I just can't help but think this one over achieves from current forecasts.
It would not shock me if it got to 110. At least it will be pulling a nice North wind where I am.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Pressure is continuing to drop and looking at it on radar seeing some other indications it is still strengthening. So far, not seeing the rapid intensification some were worried about, but with about 200 more miles to travel before landfall it could still get decently stronger.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Ok now let's get down to business. What new gimmicks will the ***-clowns at the weather channel come up with to hype this storm tomorrow ? I think Cantore windsurfing from Tampa up to the coastal bend would be dramatic.
Cantore will paddle a canoe through a flooded gas station and cry, “Thanks a lot, fossil fuels”

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Cantore will paddle a canoe through a flooded gas station and cry, “Thanks a lot, fossil fuels”
I have to ask, is the Weather Channel so liberal and if so why do y’all watch it? I really don’t care for teeny bop vampire shows so I don’t watch the CW. If the weather channel is so miserable, I wouldn’t know because I have Hugh, Mike’s Weather Page, Tropical Tidbits, and an app, why do you watch it?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I have to ask, is the Weather Channel so liberal and if so why do y’all watch it? I really don’t care for teeny bop vampire shows so I don’t watch the CW. If the weather channel is so miserable, I wouldn’t know because I have Hugh, Mike’s Weather Page, Tropical Tidbits, and an app, why do you watch it?
How are we supposed to be constantly offended if we don’t watch stuff we don’t like?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My BIL lives near Tallahassee. Last night, he was supposed to be off the left side without much of the worst parts. Tonight he is in the bullseye.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I don't watch it. I DO know 2 things. The WC is a shell of what it used to be, and Jim Cantore is a megalomaniac azzhat.

I don't have to read Nafoom anymore to know the content is garbage hive mind horseshittery

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don't watch it. I DO know 2 things. The WC is a shell of what it used to be, and Jim Cantore is a megalomaniac azzhat.

I don't have to read Nafoom anymore to know the content is garbage hive mind horseshittery
Fair point. My mom still watches the Weather Channel and she had it on when I was home a year ago. It was as you described. For the hour it was on the TV it looked like Ice Road Trucker episodes sprinkled with weather information. I used to tease her because she would flip back and forth and get mad when she missed local on the 8’s. I had to explain that I can get local on the whenever’s on my phone.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
why do you watch it?

Got to have something to ***** about on this here "interweb massage bored"**

The only time I EVER tune in to TWC is when I flip past it and Stephanie Abrams has a shift going on

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login