Anyways...

There are 5 already signed/committed.
Gai Chol
Adrian Myers
Jaquan Scott
Lerenzo Fort
Josh Hubbard

Who is on scholarship and leaving-
Tyler Stevenson is a grad transfer out of eligibility having played 5.
Eric Reed Jr is a grad transfer and out of eligibility having played 5.

Who is on scholarship and could stay for 1 more season-
Will McNair Jr is a grad transfer, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
Dashawn Davis is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
DJ Jeffries is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
Tolu Smith is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.

Who is on scholarship and is unknown based on playing time, position congestion, etc-
Kimani Hamilton- Freshman
KeShawn Murphy- RFr
Martavious Russell- Fr

Who really should be put on scholarship to keep them on the team-
Shawn Jones Jr

So next year's team based on 13 scholarships should include the 8 in green as well as 5 of the 7 in red. Tolu said he is gone, but hasnt signed with an agent so I included him.
Shakeel Moore
Cam Matthews
Shawn Jones Jr
Gai Chol
Adrian Myers
Jaquan Scott
Lerenzo Fort

Josh Hubbard
Kimani Hamilton
KeShawn Murphy
Martavious Russell
Will McNair Jr
Dashawn Davis
DJ Jeffries
Tolu Smith

- Doesnt look like Osby will have a realistic spot, unless a lot of players who could come back for a 5th year decide to move on.
- I could only count 11 of the 13 scholarship players on this year's roster. Shawn Jones was a well documented walk-on, but I couldnt figure out who had the remaining 2 scholarships between Rumph, Stansbury, and Brumfield. Ive read that both Rumph and Stansbury were walk-on and Brumfield just sort of appeared on the roster at the start of last season. Anyone know who had the last 2 scholarships?

- yeah yeah yeah, this was tldr for those who cant focus longer than a tiktok dance.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If I am not mistaken Shawn Jones was put on Scholarship this spring semester. Also you will most likely have one or two more leave than what you have accounted for.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I should have put two-and-two together. Never realized it was his brother, or that was his Dad coaching him. He's a talented kid, but I don't think he is a SEC talent. I've seen him play probably 10 times over the last couple years and he doesn't dominate lesser 4a talent like he should. He looks like a star when he gets open, but I haven't seen him create a ton of points on his own like a SEC guy should against the talent he's faced.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Sounds like we are seriously in the mix for Kowacie Reeves from Florida. His numbers at UF aren’t great but he is a freaky athlete with a lot of upside.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
So next year's team based on 13 scholarships should include the 8 in green as well as 5 of the 7 in red. Tolu said he is gone, but hasnt signed with an agent so I included him.
Shakeel Moore
Cam Matthews
Shawn Jones Jr
Gai Chol
Adrian Myers
Jaquan Scott
Lerenzo Fort

Josh Hubbard
Kimani Hamilton
KeShawn Murphy
Martavious Russell
Will McNair Jr
Dashawn Davis
DJ Jeffries
Tolu Smith

- I could only count 11 of the 13 scholarship players on this year's roster. Shawn Jones was a well documented walk-on, but I couldnt figure out who had the remaining 2 scholarships between Rumph, Stansbury, and Brumfield. Ive read that both Rumph and Stansbury were walk-on and Brumfield just sort of appeared on the roster at the start of last season. Anyone know who had the last 2 scholarships?
I presume one of them was Horton before he bolted.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Sounds like we are seriously in the mix for Kowacie Reeves from Florida. His numbers at UF aren’t great but he is a freaky athlete with a lot of upside.
Cam Matthews says those guys can have a role rebounding and playing defense in the Jans style of Basketball. As long as they don't try to drive to the goal. If Mathews could drive and not turn it over when he dribbles, he would be scary.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
What’s the ceiling for Hamilton and Murphy? Both were 4 stars if I’m not mistaken. Was expecting more from both of them this year.

If Tolu doesn’t come back, we’re gonna need to find an experienced big in the portal or we’re gonna be in a world of hurt.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Kinda cool.
Anyways...

There are 5 already signed/committed.
Gai Chol
Adrian Myers
Jaquan Scott
Lerenzo Fort
Josh Hubbard

Who is on scholarship and leaving-
Tyler Stevenson is a grad transfer out of eligibility having played 5.
Eric Reed Jr is a grad transfer and out of eligibility having played 5.

Who is on scholarship and could stay for 1 more season-
Will McNair Jr is a grad transfer, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
Dashawn Davis is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
DJ Jeffries is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.
Tolu Smith is a Sr, but has only played 4 so he has 1 season left if he chooses.

Who is on scholarship and is unknown based on playing time, position congestion, etc-
Kimani Hamilton- Freshman
KeShawn Murphy- RFr
Martavious Russell- Fr

Who really should be put on scholarship to keep them on the team-
Shawn Jones Jr

Shakeel Moore
Cam Matthews
Shawn Jones Jr
Gai Chol
Adrian Myers
Jaquan Scott
Lerenzo Fort

Josh Hubbard
Kimani Hamilton
KeShawn Murphy
Martavious Russell
Will McNair Jr
Dashawn Davis
DJ Jeffries
Tolu Smith

- Doesnt look like Osby will have a realistic spot, unless a lot of players who could come back for a 5th year decide to move on.

- yeah yeah yeah, this was tldr for those who cant focus longer than a tiktok dance.
Romero Osby has an 18 year old brother?

Reactions: stateu1

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I will be surprised if we return more than 5 scholarship players from this years roster. That's just the way college basketball works these days.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He made the right choice. He saw the signs that Stans’ ship was sinking
Hold up- during Osby's time at MSU, the team made it to the NCAA tournament and the NIT. The overall record was 47 and 25. The conference record was 18-14. MSU won the western division. Multiple 4* and even a 5* player were signed. Varnado manned the paint leading to multiple conference and national records and awards.

Stans' ship wasnt sinking. In Osby's sophmore year there were some drama, which happens everywhere. It was after Osby left that the team went to hell. And lets get one thing absolutely straight- there was no ship sinking. It was a dumpster fire and should forever be referred to as such.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login