We sure are missing Tanner Allen

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
We've got good players but nobody has picked up the spark plug mantle. Even Kellum Clark turned a double into a single tonight. We had 3 errors but I saw 5. Do these players really want to play baseball?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No **** , Sherlock. I still say I have not seen anyone never have a bad at bat until Tanner Allen last year. Him and Rowdy halted the bad and started the good all the time in 2021.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
Bruce people were calling for Rowdy to be benched the first quarter of last year

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I mean no we don’t have a TA but let’s not act like those kind of guys grow on trees either. He was special. I think there are good players on this team but no one at that all time great level, which TA was in that pantheon for us.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I don’t know that many of our players are very good.
Really? You truly think these guys aren't talented?

This season is all about AGE. It's the real COVID season. We don't have it, and then we had the injuries. We will be right back next year and the year after.

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I agree that we have talented players on this team. Kamren James, Lane Forsythe and Tanner Leggett have big league arms. Forsythe was throwing 93 MPH fast balls when he pitched in one game. Forsythe is the best fielder on the team too. Logan Tanner will be playing in the majors not long after he leave us. There is nobody in the SEC at Catcher that I would trade him for. Hancock is a vacuum cleaner at 1st and can also catch. He's better than Tanner at getting strikes called for his pitchers. Moves the glove into the zone quickly. All of our fielders are very good with Clark and Cumbest coming to the plate with HR power. Hines is the best freshman I've seen since Jake Mangum. We don't have a talent problem. We have a leader problem. Tanner Allen stepped up his Junior year and cheered this team on for 2 years. We need one of these guys to be "that guy" that motivates everyone else to play their best.

For all those that posted derogatory remarks about my post: It was stupid to reply with comments about POY and the other nebulus crap. Everyone knows that! I guess y'all don't think that any of our players this year could rise to that level. Well, I'm saying YOU are wrong. Clark, Tanner, Forsythe, and James all have the talent to do it. I'm just looking for one of them to step up! It may take 2 years but they are capable.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I was talking about how he motivated the players around him not his personal playing ability. #readbeforeyoupost

WTNduck35

Dec 28, 2021
I agree that we have talented players on this team. Kamren James, Lane Forsythe and Tanner Leggett have big league arms. Forsythe was throwing 93 MPH fast balls when he pitched in one game. Forsythe is the best fielder on the team too. Logan Tanner will be playing in the majors not long after he leave us. There is nobody in the SEC at Catcher that I would trade him for. Hancock is a vacuum cleaner at 1st and can also catch. He's better than Tanner at getting strikes called for his pitchers. Moves the glove into the zone quickly. All of our fielders are very good with Clark and Cumbest coming to the plate with HR power. Hines is the best freshman I've seen since Jake Mangum. We don't have a talent problem. We have a leader problem. Tanner Allen stepped up his Junior year and cheered this team on for 2 years. We need one of these guys to be "that guy" that motivates everyone else to play their best.

For all those that posted derogatory remarks about my post: It was stupid to reply with comments about POY and the other nebulus crap. Everyone knows that! I guess y'all don't think that any of our players this year could rise to that level. Well, I'm saying YOU are wrong. Clark, Tanner, Forsythe, and James all have the talent to do it. I'm just looking for one of them to step up! It may take 2 years but they are capable.

Forsythe is eilte at SS. Logan Tanner is lazy behind the plate. He could be great, but he is plum lazy about stuff. Watch him when he blocks a ball and it squirts away. He just walks to it. Hell it was one time this year he had a ball pop away and he let the guy go to 2nd and a freaking WALK!

Hancock is not a damn vacuum. Your smoking **** if you think that. He also is "decent" behind the plate. Not great like you are making him out to be. He is also nowhere near the catcher Tanner is when Tanner actually gets his *** in gear.

I will agree, we have a leader problem. But we also have a damn hitting coach problem. What adjustments have we made? Hell we got no hit til the 6th inning in the Memphis game the other night. How many times have we had 1 or 2 or 3 hits going into late in the game?

Why do Ark, Vandy, TN, hell even OM have freshman pitchers come in shutting teams down, yet we have juniors walking 8 people and hitting 2 more?

If were gonna bench Forsythe, which i think is a bad call cause he is elite at SS, we need to move Kam to 2nd, let Alford play 3rd, Hines at 1st and Yeager at SS. Hancock would be on the bench. Let Cumbest DH, put Skinner in LF and tell him he better try to drag bunt every damn at bat, Davis in CF, and Clark in RF.

Pitching is what it is at this point. We have too many injuries. Johnson needs to go back to the BP when Hunt is ready. We have to have so0meone who can come out and throw strikes in the BP. How many games have we blown the lead late? I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

Lemonis is gonna have to some flipping of recruits and get some studs in here. We are gonna have to hit the portal hard for pitching this year. He is gonna have to act like Tony Vitello and say to hell with the "no flipping" rule and start flipping some kids. Do yall remember Vitello and DVH getting into it last year. IT was cause of Vitello going all in on recruiting and look where TN is now.

There is no reason we should be in this situation. National Title or not.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I remember when TA was a green below average freshman first baseman. That couldn't really do much.

If you don't enjoy watching players develop and being there during the highs and the lows you need to go find another hobby

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
What do you think "spark plug mantle" meant?

Riiiiiight
Guess you need a translation: spark plug mantle = role as the team cheerleader

I heard the announcers during yesterday's game say they thought Sims was trying to take on that role but I don't see how.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login