We were the better team. That’s what sucks about tonight.

Sep 12, 2013
We were the better team but you have to add that the game was there for us to take. And it was there for 3 quarters and we couldn’t do it. And it wasn’t for lack of effort.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Were we? We had 200 yards of offense after our opening drive. We averaged about 3.5 yards per play the last 50 minutes of the game. We could have played until midnight and not scored 30 points.

No complaints about the D, IMO.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Were we? We had 200 yards of offense after our opening drive. I think we could have played until midnight and not got to 30 points.
They’re the more talented team. We’re slow on defense but our DC and defense did their job. Our offensive system was sufficient. We just dropped balls and missed passes. Granted our OL was beat a lot. The muffed punt was the nail in the coffin.

We execute on offense they score 24 at most and we score 31

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Were we the better team? The box score kinda says otherwise. This wasn’t a typical Leach loss where we had more yards and better TOP. They out gained us by a fair amount and had better TOP. Turnovers were basically even too.

Now if we played a better game we could absolutely beat that team. But they kicked our *** after we went up 13-0.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
They had a player who was 6'6" 320 lbs make an open field tackle on our guy that runs a 4.5 - we are not the better team.

Sep 12, 2013
Were we? We had 200 yards of offense after our opening drive. We averaged about 3.5 yards per play the last 50 minutes of the game. We could have played until midnight and not scored 30 points.

No complaints about the D, IMO.
Maybe I should say we should have been the better team. All the ingridents are there. The opportunities were there.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
For the first half yes. We were gassed after 3.

Proud of the team though. I'll take the moral victory comparing our rosters.

Aug 22, 2012
Dropped 3rd down catch from Ra Ra
Missed XP by Raybon
Muffed punt by Williams
Bad hold by #15 on kick return
Rogers checking into runs on 4th and 1 against a heavy box

These are what held us back. We handed them the game and they took it. Congrats to them I guess. But we handed it to them with poor execution.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I don't feeling like typing enough to go into detail but here's my quick and dirty.

- WR drops were inexcusable. These weren't even borderline, just ugly
- Switching punt returners had detrimental effects, I know why they did it, switch a Fr for a retiree but there's no need and it cost us.
- Running the same 4th and 1 play 3 times is fire able IMO. 1st was genius, the other 2 into a 7 man front were fireable. I don't know who made that call bet...
- Spying a QB who runs 22 mph with big fat people is inexcusable. Jett and Nathan aren't running their QB down.

These are all decisions made by coaches, not execution (except for the WR drops). This makes me think the coaches are dumbasses because we all would have made the same different decision.
Can it work? Yes. Will it work? I'm not sure if they keep being dumbasses.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Don't know if I would agree from what I saw. I saw a very athletic talented team wear us down. I saw coaches make adjustments to give us hard time on offense. Then I saw the same mistakes I've been seeing the last few years that kill this offense. Even in year three. Defense was fine most of the game until we got worn down. We are extremely slow and just go beat down

jackbaddawg

Nov 16, 2005
4 out of 5 pickers on Gameday picked us- we should have won this one - too many mistakes mostly beat ourselves .

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Dropped 3rd down catch from Ra Ra
Missed XP by Raybon
Muffed punt by Williams
Bad hold by #15 on kick return
Rogers checking into runs on 4th and 1 against a heavy box

These are what held us back. We handed them the game and they took it. Congrats to them I guess. But we handed it to them with poor execution.

^ This

Not to mention dropped middle screen by Simeon that would have been huge and a couple other chunk plays that we dropped or threw behind the receiver.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login