Weather experts

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Is there a break on the horizon from the 100 degree highs we’ve had over the last several weeks? Been pretty brutal lately

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Supposedly low 90's Tuesday and Wednesday (with no rain) then back to triple digits. Fire is about to an issue I'm afraid.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Is there a break on the horizon from the 100 degree highs we’ve had over the last several weeks? Been pretty brutal lately
High of 79 here Tuesday and Wednesday.

Supposed to be pleasant through midweek but then get hot again.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Texans be like "17 me. I'm done." Checking out real estate in Colorado...

Hottest damn summer in a while. Gotdamn a/c unit ain't missed a beat though. I hope our football team is half as tough this fall!

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's a bitchh on I10 corridor. No end in sight. I know Hancock county has had some fires this week.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m no expert, but it’s 17ing hot. Looks like a couple days break Tue & Wed, then another week plus of this. 😩

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
What others have said is correct. Cold front moves through Monday night / Tuesday morning and drops the temps about 15 degrees but really cuts the humidity. Dew points will be in the low to mid 50's and a couple upper 40's wouldn't surprise me. That drier air will be most noticeable at night as it will allow lows to fall into the lower 60's. It does warm back up heading into next weekend, but some of the long range models are starting to signal summer is slowly starting to lose its grip and they hint on this ridge weakening and allowing more fronts to push through. If...big if...this happens, it won't do much as far cutting the daytime highs, but the lower humidity will allow for nights to start getting cooler. The first real sign I look for that summer is on its way out is when we start seeing lows in the 60's instead of the mid 70's. Even though it'll still be 95 during the day the drier air will allow for better cooling at night.

We're past our climatological peak of summer heat. From here in out the average highs and lows will start slowly falling the rest of August and then start to gain momentum in September. We've already lost close to an hour of daylight from the first day of summer so things should start trending the right direction soon. But you know our first home game has to be hotter than Satan's balls so still a few weeks left.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
He had a bad fire along I-10 near stennis that had it shut down for a while yesterday. Drove by it yesterday morning and it looked to all be out. Came back through in the afternoon and if was started back again and you couldn’t see shitt on 10. Friends in waveland and bsl had ash landing in their yards. Parts around Bayou LA Croix were asked to evacuate. We haven’t had rain down here in quite some time

patdog

May 28, 2007
What others have said is correct. Cold front moves through Monday night / Tuesday morning and drops the temps about 15 degrees but really cuts the humidity. Dew points will be in the low to mid 50's and a couple upper 40's wouldn't surprise me. That drier air will be most noticeable at night as it will allow lows to fall into the lower 60's. It does warm back up heading into next weekend, but some of the long range models are starting to signal summer is slowly starting to lose its grip and they hint on this ridge weakening and allowing more fronts to push through. If...big if...this happens, it won't do much as far cutting the daytime highs, but the lower humidity will allow for nights to start getting cooler. The first real sign I look for that summer is on its way out is when we start seeing lows in the 60's instead of the mid 70's. Even though it'll still be 95 during the day the drier air will allow for better cooling at night.

We're past our climatological peak of summer heat. From here in out the average highs and lows will start slowly falling the rest of August and then start to gain momentum in September. We've already lost close to an hour of daylight from the first day of summer so things should start trending the right direction soon. But you know our first home game has to be hotter than Satan's balls so still a few weeks left.
Man, these lows and dew point in the high 70s are killing me. I’m basically hunkering down inside after noon.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I preached a graveside service in a suit on Thursday. 80 degrees with a breeze. Felt nice. Everyone else was complaining.

Edit to add, not about the length of the service but how hot it was.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WrightGuy821

Hail State

Dec 27, 2009
Could you imagine having two-a-days in this stuff? It’s amazing our players aren’t having heat strokes every day.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The craziest thing to me is that I've somewhat adapted to it. I'll go outside on some days when it's only low 100's real feel and be like, it's not too bad today...

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Drank 4 liters of water and a qt of Gatorade yesterday, while working to put a couple gates, 2 crosstie post, and 6 t-post up. A manual post hole digger will work yo arse when it’s 100 plus outside.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
I am sanding and cleaning up an old claw foot tub. My *** did not work on it any yesterday. I went out to finish up the smoothing of the outside and I turned right around and went back to the safety of the AC.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The craziest thing to me is that I've somewhat adapted to it. I'll go outside on some days when it's only low 100's real feel and be like, it's not too bad today...
We went out on the deck the other afternoon. One of our kids called and asked about our weather (she's in Tn. ) and we said 'well it's down to 100 so it's not too bad.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Texans be like "17 me. I'm done." Checking out real estate in Colorado...

Hottest damn summer in a while. Gotdamn a/c unit ain't missed a beat though. I hope our football team is half as tough this fall!

Not sure how much stock to put in it but saw something the other day claiming that the Tonga explosion is driving a lot of warming because of all the water vapor it shot into the air and that the impact is going to be more pronounced in 2025.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Not sure how much stock to put in it but saw something the other day claiming that the Tonga explosion is driving a lot of warming because of all the water vapor it shot into the air and that the impact is going to be more pronounced in 2025.
They will squash that narrative because there’s no money or moral high ground in it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

The long-range models are like witchcraft, but they show some changes starting at the end of August and the first of September. You are right on the button with overnight lows. When this happens, then you will really feel things have changed.

RocketDawg1

Jul 8, 2023
Oddly enough, since we're not that far away, July here (Huntsville) was 0.5 degrees below normal, and August so far has been 1.6 degrees below normal. It's been really hot with excessive heat warnings today and the past couple of days.

Lots of storms have come through though that has kept daytime temps down.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
This is not a forecast or a prediction so do not treat it as such. But the last 2-3 runs of the GFS are bringing in worse heat for middle to late next week. This is still 9+ days out so confidence is still extremely low, but the latest run, if it verifies, will stand a decent chance of breaking some all time record highs for MS. An example is next Wednesday the GFS is now saying a high of 111 for Starkville which will tie the all time hottest temperature recorded. If it does indeed verify a small silver lining is that it won't be as humid so heat indexes don't look to be any higher than what we have been seeing. I fully expect the GFS to back off temps that hot. The euro will also chime in on the matter in a couple of more hours. Interested in seeing what it says.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We need rain more than anything. At least you get a break from the sun and extreme heat at night.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is not a forecast or a prediction so do not treat it as such. But the last 2-3 runs of the GFS are bringing in worse heat for middle to late next week. This is still 9+ days out so confidence is still extremely low, but the latest run, if it verifies, will stand a decent chance of breaking some all time record highs for MS. An example is next Wednesday the GFS is now saying a high of 111 for Starkville which will tie the all time hottest temperature recorded. If it does indeed verify a small silver lining is that it won't be as humid so heat indexes don't look to be any higher than what we have been seeing. I fully expect the GFS to back off temps that hot. The euro will also chime in on the matter in a couple of more hours. Interested in seeing what it says.
It's also bringing a big *** hurricane right into Louisiana at the end of its forecast.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Honestly once I start sweating - as long as I stay hydrated, anything from upper 80s - 100 all feels about the same to me. Sitting out in it and not being active feels hotter for whatever reason.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I expect y'all MFers that brave that 3 pm kick on September 3 will see a bunch of fat@sses falling out when Aramark runs slams out of water.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Honestly once I start sweating - as long as I stay hydrated, anything from upper 80s - 100 all feels about the same to me. Sitting out in it and not being active feels hotter for whatever reason.
Primary difference for me in extreme heat like this is the frequency of water/gatorade breaks. I go 30-45 minutes max between taking breaks.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
The euro is in and it is showing a more realistic scenario of highs around 100 an heat indexes in the 110 range. For right now that is where I will hang my hat. Slightly cooler with higher humidity.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
It's also bringing a big *** hurricane right into Louisiana at the end of its forecast.
That's the GFS for you. At the end of the run it always likes to bring in some storm for the history books. In the summer it's hurricanes, spring it's major severe weather outbreaks, and the winter it's snow.

But as for hurricanes, things are starting to get slightly more active as more waves start coming off the coast of Africa. Right now a massive Saharan dust layer is helping to keep the lid on any development, but if it starts to subside then we could start seeing tropical systems forming in the Atlantic. For now, the Gulf and Caribbean look quiet although a few of the ensemble models are wanting to develop a system down well south of Cuba and move it into the Gulf in the next 10 days or so. There's not enough consensus for the NHC to comment on it yet. but if one does form and move into the Gulf it will encounter more heat energy than a hurricane has seen in a long time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login