[h=1]Memphis, TN Severe Weather Alert[/h]
Ice Storm Warning

Issued: 1:58 PM Feb. 2, 2022 – National Weather Service
...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
MIDNIGHT CST THURSDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Significant icing expected. Ice accumulations of one
quarter to one half inch. Total sleet and snow accumulations of
up to one inch.

* WHERE...Portions of North Mississippi and West Tennessee.

* WHEN...From midnight tonight to midnight CST Thursday night.

* IMPACTS...Power outages and tree damage are likely due to the
ice. Travel could be nearly impossible. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Travel is strongly discouraged. If you must travel, keep extra
blankets, food, water and a flashlight in your vehicle in case of
an emergency. Prepare for possible power outages.

Apr 16, 2006
All I know is a steady stream of electric service contractors and their trucks has been north bound on I-59 today. I'm talking a crap load of trucks, towing supplies with them.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Yep.. as I type there is one convoy after another on I-22 headed west from Birmingham.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s going to be a razor thin line for freezing rain and rain. It’s totally possible that downtown Memphis gets a lot of freezing rain and Germantown is just cold rain. Where the cold air makes it to is anyone’s guess.

patdog

May 28, 2007
At least the elected officials in Montgomery seem to care about the crime problem.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The other day, a former Miss Mississippi's husband was out doing some mission work in a bad area and some kid just walked up and capped him. Montgomery residents absolutely have no room to talk about crime, it's one of the worst. I mean you literally cannot stop at a safe gas station for like 30 minutes from Prattville to way down south of the Hyundai plant. Same for the E/W corridor.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Much of our hood is interstate adjacent. There are places and times you can stop, but it's hard to describe in an internet post length description. So Yes, I tell people to not stop going through here on 85 from eastchase to the interstate exchange, and on 65 from Prattville to two exits past Hyundai.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Years ago, had an employee book his own travel, stayed a hotel closer to the customer site in Montgomery and "saved money". He was proud of that fact until he got there. Motel was crap. Crack pipe fell out of the toilet paper roll when he was using the restroom. Not sure how you explain being the owner of a crack pipe at a seedy motel in Montgomery, if caught. He called me and asked what to do with the crack pipe. I was like that's not in the HR manual, best of luck.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login