Webster County MS Possible Wildfire

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Our camera in Maben is showing what looks to be a wildfire to the west. We have reported it to the MFC, but fire chief said they're spread so thin he can't pull a crew off an active wildfire for a possible one. If any of you live in this area can you confirm if this is a wildfire or not?

https://nmscas.org/nmsc-skycam-network/

• Wow
Reactions: aTotal360

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
I'm starting to think this is a wildfire. Now that the sun has set I'm seeing up to 6 smoke plumes. Just had three earlier.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
So somewhere between Maben and the sun. That narrows it down some****

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Drove thru there on HWY82 about 1:00, did not notice anything unusual, then.
I didn't see the first smoke plume until 5:52. Why I'm thinking it's a wildfire. Seems an odd time to start burning off a field. And looking at google maps I'm not seeing a lot of agricultural fields in the area.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
WTVA showed it on a sky cam. Wildfire along Lewis road northeast of Eupora. Still burning at 10:20 PM

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
WTVA showed it on a sky cam. Wildfire along Lewis road northeast of Eupora. Still burning at 10:20 PM
That's one of our cameras we put up and what we're trying to get statewide as funding allows. They're showing they're good for more than tornadoes. When I first saw smoke on the camera and reported it to MFC they were unaware of the fire. We've given them the website where our camera feeds are and told them they're welcome to view them and if they need us to spin one a certain direction to just let us know.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
On 82 near Mathiston yesterday, I passed a truck pulling a wheel rake.... one of the wheels was smoking and nearly on fire. Knew it would start a brush fire.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
That's one of our cameras we put up and what we're trying to get statewide as funding allows. They're showing they're good for more than tornadoes. When I first saw smoke on the camera and reported it to MFC they were unaware of the fire. We've given them the website where our camera feeds are and told them they're welcome to view them and if they need us to spin one a certain direction to just let us know.
So how did you notice there was a fire? Just happened to look at the camera at the right time?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login