Week 6 polls….

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
So as of today, Bama, OSU, Miami and Iowa State would be top 4 seeds. TX, TN, GA would be 5-7. Ducks and PS would be 8-9 and play each other in first round. Missouri, Michigan, Mississippi, LSU, SC, ND and Clemson would be fighting for 10-11. G5 would take 12. Not much room for error

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
So as of today, Bama, OSU, Miami and Iowa State would be top 4 seeds. TX, TN, GA would be 5-7. Ducks and PS would be 8-9 and play each other in first round. Missouri, Michigan, Mississippi, LSU, SC, ND and Clemson would be fighting for 10-11. G5 would take 12. Not much room for error
One of the things I dislike about the playoff format: the four highest ranked conference champions become the top four seed. You wanna give the first round byes, fine. But then reseed/ match up based on the final rankings after the first round is played.

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017

We’re not into the teeth of the conference season yet. Look at what just happened to Ole Miss.

One loss, as long as it’s not an ugly one, won’t be a backbreaker.

It won’t surprise me if a team like Indiana makes a strong push for the playoffs and if one of those highly ranked SEC teams takes a couple of losses.

Teams like Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame not only need to win out, but do it impressively. Watching Notre Dame yesterday, I don’t see that happening for them. Same for Michigan.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
We’re not into the teeth of the conference season yet. Look at what just happened to Ole Miss.

One loss, as long as it’s not an ugly one, won’t be a backbreaker.

It won’t surprise me if a team like Indiana makes a strong push for the playoffs and if one of those highly ranked SEC teams takes a couple of losses.

Teams like Michigan, USC, and Notre Dame not only need to win out, but do it impressively. Watching Notre Dame yesterday, I don’t see that happening for them. Same for Michigan.

Rutgers’ two toughest remaining opponents are Illinois and USC.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
The 5 highest ranking conf. champions are automatic seeds, that is how a non power 4 team gets in.

TheTwistedFrog

Aug 24, 2017
Rutgers’ two toughest remaining opponents are Illinois and USC.

Another good example.

October is going to bring more clarity.

Even trying to pick the field at this point is done for clicks. It would be like trying to set the NFL playoffs after Week 3 or picking the MOB playoffs in June. We’re still too accustomed to the “old system” where it was 4 teams and almost all loses were de facto eliminations.

For Penn State, it goes back to the simple math of 1-1 or 2-0 versus OSU and USC.

Reactions: Midnighter

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login