Week 6: Undefeated "mids" take on bluebloods

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
There are more than a few matchups this week in which undefeated mid P5 programs take on the conference blue blood.

Maryland (5-0) @ Ohio St (4-0). OSU -20.
Wash St (4-0) @ UCLA (3-1). UCLA -3.5
Kentucky (5-0) @ UGA (5-0). UGA -14.5
Notre Dame (5-1) @ Louisville (5-0). ND -6.5

Will we get some exciting upsets or more of the same ol same?

I predict all bluebloods win straight up. All bluebloods cover but UGA.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
There are more than a few matchups this week in which undefeated mid P5 programs take on the conference blue blood.

Maryland (5-0) @ Ohio St (4-0). OSU -20.
Wash St (4-0) @ UCLA (3-1). UCLA -3.5
Kentucky (5-0) @ UGA (5-0). UGA -14.5
Notre Dame (5-1) @ Louisville (5-0). ND -6.5

Will we get some exciting upsets or more of the same ol same?

I predict all bluebloods win straight up. All bluebloods cover but UGA.
Maryland has looked good, but granted against weak opponents. I expected that line to be less. They may cover.
I watched Notre Dame Saturday and their offense did not look good. Louisville can win that game.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Washington State beats UCLA and covers doing it.

UCLA probably shouldn't be on the blue blood list. I decided to look up their all time records and woof .. Do we give them more credit than they deserve because of Wooden and basketball?

-They've never won a real national title. (1 claimed in 54', but Ohio State went undefeated against tougher teams.)

-They have been been to 6 Rose bowls in the past 60 years. 0 in the last 25 years.

-In fact, they have only been to 1 bowl game in the past 6 seasons.

-Since 1998 they have only had 11 winning seasons.

They are the 3rd or 4th most accomplished team historically in the PAC. USC and Washington are clearly more accomplished and UCLA is probably behind Stanford as well... the early to mid 80's was good under Terry Donahue, but before or since it's 1-2 good seasons followed by several years of mediocrity. Over the past 25 years, UCLA is middle of the PAC at best... Utah, USC, Stanford, Oregon, and Washington are clearly better. UCLA and Arizona have been Moorhead and Croom for a quarter century.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Call UCLA mid, I don't care. However they do lead the head to head series on every PAC school you mentioned. Despite their down turn the past few decades. That's not the point though.

We shall see if Wazzou can pull of the W. ....in this day of transfers, nil, and being left for dead by the PAC. They should, given the recent downturn of future B1G school, UCLA.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login