Weekend BBQ Thread

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Anybody else planning on firing up the smoker this weekend? Looking like some wings and Country Pleasin' pineapple sausage for me. Awhile back I picked up a vortex for the Weber kettle, gonna be the first time using it. The cool kids on the bbq forums seem to sweat by it. https://vortexgrilling.com/

Thinking about hitting the wings with Blues Hog raspberry chipotle sauce; the krogers here recently started carrying it & been looking forward to giving it a whirl, I hear good things. https://blueshog.com/products/raspb...NYk8_JI7E3tQDoXXHf79HYSxT0GapqHApGU2fmYDVtjJp

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Gonna be doing Reuben smash burgers on the old blackstone. Letting the three other smokers rest a lot since I got the blackstone.

Reactions: dorndawg

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I am going to smoke a Boston butt this weekend on my Pit-Barrel Smoker. I am going to use Meat Churches Texas Sugar rub and his Gospel rub. I have recently started dusting the meat after I pull it with more seasoning. It makes a big difference.

Reactions: HRMSU and dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I am going to smoke a Boston butt this weekend on my Pit-Barrel Smoker. I am going to use Meat Churches Texas Sugar rub and his Gospel rub. I have recently started dusting the meat after I pull it with more seasoning. It makes a big difference.
How do you like the Pit Barrel? I currently rock a 22" weber kettle with a slow n sear - love it but in the market for something a little bigger. I've about settled on a 26" weber kettle but also looking hard at offsets.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Anybody else planning on firing up the smoker this weekend? Looking like some wings and Country Pleasin' pineapple sausage for me. Awhile back I picked up a vortex for the Weber kettle, gonna be the first time using it. The cool kids on the bbq forums seem to sweat by it. https://vortexgrilling.com/

Thinking about hitting the wings with Blues Hog raspberry chipotle sauce; the krogers here recently started carrying it & been looking forward to giving it a whirl, I hear good things. https://blueshog.com/products/raspb...NYk8_JI7E3tQDoXXHf79HYSxT0GapqHApGU2fmYDVtjJp
I made my own "Vortex", a stainless steel bowl I cut the bottom out of. Wife came asking one night "any idea where our big stainless salad bowl is? " Um, nope dear, I haven't seen that........ They are great for wings

Here's a stock pic off of the Googles, my salad bowl type Vortex was $8.99 vs an authentic $27.99 Vortex

1724442940311.png

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
How do you like the Pit Barrel? I currently rock a 22" weber kettle with a slow n sear - love it but in the market for something a little bigger. I've about settled on a 26" weber kettle but also looking hard at offsets.
Love it. I am considering getting a pellet grill to add to the mix, but will keep the barrel. It makes amazing pulled pork and ribs. Also, cook time is almost cut in half.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I got a SRF Gold Waygu Tomahawk that's been sitting in Dale's since last Monday. Should be ready to hit the grill later tonight.

Reactions: MaxwellSmart

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I made my own "Vortex", a stainless steel bowl I cut the bottom out of. Wife came asking one night "any idea where our big stainless salad bowl is? " Um, nope dear, I haven't seen that........ They are great for wings

Here's a stock pic off of the Googles, my salad bowl type Vortex was $8.99 vs an authentic $27.99 Vortex

View attachment 633063
Sound thought process that your wife will eviscerate by purchasing a new salad bowl for $50

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
I’m throwing a couple of whole chickens on in the morning. Gonna pull both, one I’ll make smoked chicken salad with and the other pulled chicken sandwiches with white bbq sauce and homemade slaw.

Reactions: HRMSU

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Not this weekend, but planning to do some ribs on my MB Gravity Feed 1050 next weekend. That thing smokes like a champ!

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I’m throwing a couple of whole chickens on in the morning. Gonna pull both, one I’ll make smoked chicken salad with and the other pulled chicken sandwiches with white bbq sauce and homemade slaw.
Don't choke them, that's for certain

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
IMG_1331.jpeg
My FiL made me his own redneck vortex that fits my 22” Weber perfectly. It’s ugly, but it’ll cook the heel out of some ribs and wings.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm beginning to believe that the price of meat at the market isn't really Biden's fault.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Im pretty excited about the big pot o beans I got working right now.

Prolly just do some fries and sausage to go with them.

Last edited:

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I have a friend who has a great sauce, he finally showed me the recipe. It’s 1/3 teriyaki sauce, 1/3 Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, and 1/3 Buffalo Wing Sauce. It doesn’t sound like much but it’s fantastic on wings and chops.

BigDogFan

Oct 12, 2016
Have some baby backs on the Camp Chef right now with a lite dusting of Goldies rub and then a good coating of Texas Sugar from Meat Church. Probably going to use some Blues Hog original to finish. Going to do some Pig Shots using some Country Pleasin original for those.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Finally sitting down for some fine dining.

Attachments

• 0uec350frwd61.jpg
    0uec350frwd61.jpg
    919.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: aTotal360
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login