Welcome

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Welcome back to the bone-headedness that stirs up in this fanbase when a mobile QB comes back. No, Wright should not be the starter. There’s a reason that Vanderbilt kept the other guy.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'd like to see Wright on the field more. Hopefully, we will see him in more sets against Zona, I'm sure we were trying to keep it vanilla for SLU. The coaches will determine which players give us the best chance of winning and put those players in the best position for success.

Reactions: RiceDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Welcome back to the bone-headedness that stirs up in this fanbase when a mobile QB comes back. No, Wright should not be the starter. There’s a reason that Vanderbilt kept the other guy.
Our best players are always on the bench. ****

If the coaches read SPS during games we would never lose. ****

Land Shart posers always show up after they win a game.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Believe it or not, Vandy is 2-0 this season. Looks like we both came out winners in that transfer. *

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
Our best players are always on the bench. ****

If the coaches read SPS during games we would never lose. ****

Land Shart posers always show up after they win a game.
A land shart poser. How’d you know??

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Am I the only one who watched the game and feels like I don't know any more about this team now than before it started ?
1) I already knew Will is not a great athlete and doesn't have a big arm
2) I knew a new coach and new offense usually = tentative performance
3) I knew I don't remember our last opening game that we really looked good....no matter who we played
Maybe my expectations weren't as high as some of yall's but I'm holding up on my meltdown for another week.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Am I the only one who watched the game and feels like I don't know any more about this team now than before it started ?
3) I knew I don't remember our last opening game that we really looked good....no matter who we played
Maybe my expectations weren't as high as some of yall's but I'm holding up on my meltdown for another week.
Patrick Swayze Love GIF

I think by his senior year it would be apparent to everyone whether he would be a throwing or running quarterback, but people were ready to set Will on the bench and let this speedy guy throw the ball.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
You must have turned the TV off at halftime. We were not tenative in the second half. We found our footing. We cover the outside runs and shut SELA in the second half.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
You must have turned the TV off at halftime. We were not tenative in the second half. We found our footing. We cover the outside runs and shut SELA in the second half.
Nope didn't turn the TV off, I'm just saying I didn't see anything that shocked me one way or the other . It was a fairly typical opening game IMO.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020

Dak LSU

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I am glad we have Mike Wright.

I am glad we have Will Rogers.

Yup, that sums it up.
But they don't need to be on the field at the same time. Like we're really going to throw Will a pass and let him run with it. Put another threat on the field that the defense has to account for

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login